Thread: Those Crazy Frogs !!

bshmerlie

Default Those Crazy Frogs !!

It always seems like we have posts on "My frog won't eat" or "my frog is sick". Well, I would like to start a thread about a more chearful subject. If anyone has had their frog do something just really weird. For example, my Red Eye Leaf frog while slowly walking from one branch to another missed his footing, slipped and then hung upside down for about 5 minutes by his ONE back foot. He was all stretched out trying to reach different branches but couldn't reach them. (where's the video camera when you need one) He eventually let go and fell into the water area and immediately jumped out onto a leaf. He looked a little embarrassed. So let's hear some funny frog stories.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jace

Default Re: Those Crazy Frogs !!

When I first got Gherkin, my large Giant African Bullfrog, he was in an icecream bucket that I placed on my computer desk while I got his new home setup. I was on my knees, elbows deep in dirt, when I heard a strange noise, and I looked up to be eyeball to eyeball with my new frog-who had managed to pop the lid on the icecream bucket and get out without even tipping over the bucket. I formly introduced myself-and he peed on my desk. We've been pretty close ever since!!

IgbyKibbits

First of all, great idea!! I can't wait to hear the funny stories that are collected. : )

I'm going to share one frog related story, and one "semi" frog related story ; ) I have loved the stories thus far! : ) (Though I probably won't try Jace's bonding method - hahah)

Story 1: "HELLO! I want crickets NOW"

So when Kibbits got his voice, he was very excited to share it. Every time he'd start calling, I'd rush to the tank and greet him trying to "croak" back. Nevertheless, I think he got wind of the fact that croaking equaled attention...and sure enough, shortly after the light went out each night, Kibbits would start up, little face/pads pressed against the glass croaking away until he got his dinner. The funniest times were on the "off" feeding nights. He'd croak and croak. If he caught sight of us, he'd jump down to the front of the tank, press against the glass and croak away. Haha - oh, our little piggy :P Always wanting more and more crickets. Sometimes, I'd give in and give him one cricket. (I know, I know...bad "mom" -haha) *sigh* I miss him :P

Story 2: "Aren't I cute too!?"

So I have a very vocal, very spoiled cat (in that she was the only pet for ten years until the frogs). Without fail, if I am doing anything with the frogs, anything at all (talking to them, spraying down the tank, feeding them, etc), she comes rushing over, meowing, and starts rubbing against my legs wanting to be picked up. Sometimes, I'll go over to the tank and just pretend to be doing something, and sure enough she's at my feet in a heartbeat. Sibling jealousy at its best! haha

Jace

My one cat, Jersey, is our frog cat. She has rescued escaped frogs and brought them to us (covered in hair and who knows what else!), "helped" with the setup of new tanks, and will even jump into the feeding bin if allowed!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

IgbyKibbits

That picture is PRICELESS! What a good little helper. : )

When Kibbits was sick and in the quarantine tank, Zoe (the cat) slept next to the tank almost every night. I was worried that she was stressing him more and contemplated moving the tank, but he would come right up to the side, and watch her.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Jace

That is so cute! Zoe must have known her friend was sick...that is a heart tugger, right there. When I had my African Clawed frogs, I had to place a chair next to the tank so Jersey could sit and watch and I swear they put on a show for her. She actually fell asleep with her forhead pressed against the tank once-didn't want to miss any of the action!

Thread Information