Thread: Wtf=escape artist?

John911

Default Wtf=escape artist?

Ok, second time this week that we discovered our whites missing from its tank and sleeping in a plant. We have a metal screened lid on top of the tank that weighs way more than the frog. But its gotten out twice. Are whites freakishly strong?

Here's how we found her. Glad our dog didn't find her first.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Diogo Juliao

Default Re: Wtf=escape artist?

Some of my friends work on a pet store, and their white's are always escaping! They are able to open the doors of the tank (they have sliding glass doors)!

I don't know how they are capable

pixiefrogman

Frogs are very very good at squeezing themselves out of the smallest spaces. And when they can easily climb up things, it just adds to the escaping skills! I really don't have any tips for you besides getting one of the all glass vivariums with locking glass doors.

lnaminneci

It would be cool to set up a video camera and catch how she does it, the sly little froggie!

Then you will have to post the video....of course!

Chaya

thanks now im gonna be paranoid that my whites are going to get out! although they seem quite content in their house. My WTF viv has a mesh lid but i put two glass paperweights on opposing corners to be sure neither of them can push off the top...even though it wieghs a lot more than they do... the girls getting bigger lol...

good luck keeping them in! you seriously should set up a video camera one night and catch her in the act lol

John911

Well, she did it again. We had a rock on one side of the tank and my girlfriend watched her get out the other side.

IgbyKibbits

WOW, you have a superwoman frog on your hands. At least you guys now know how she's getting out, and I'm so glad you've been able to find her everytime she's done it!

I'm thinking five pound weights on the top :P (j/k)

I will say though, we have one of those tanks suggested above, with the locking glass doors, and it's WONDERFUL. We've never had a problem with an escaping frog, and it's really handy to have the doors open up the way they do for feeding, spot cleaning, etc.

John911

We are doing a 29gal for it. I've spent a ton of cash on frogs in the last 2 months an an exo tera just isn't in the budget. Besides the whites I got a pacman, 3 surinam cobalts, 2 thumbnail imitators...not to mention all their homes.

Thread Information