Thread: Lovely plants and where to find them?

LittleDuudeIsAGirl

Default Lovely plants and where to find them?

I was wondering if anyone on here knew what a good online or store front..place that sells plants that arent raised on chemicals and pestisides and stuff..i was particularly looking for bromliads i dont know how to spell it im sorry, im sure you guys know what plants im talking about. but really i want some organic plants or something thats safe to put in my tank..also could anyone list several ones that are great for WTF that i can get in the US?

thankyou!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Lovely plants and where to find them?

There are several Bromeliad growers online. My favorite is Michael's bromeliads: www.michaelsbromeliads.com: Home

I know many people, including myself, who have bromeliads from there and use them in their terrariums (after a quick rinse in water) without issues. If you do order from them, tell them John Clare from FrogForum.net sent you.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Go to nurseries. They tend not to use pesticides or chemicals on their plants. Iam buying myself a few plants from nurseries.
    Home depot certainly uses chems and pesticides. Even lowes does too. So does walmart. Btw if you ever go to petstores andthey sell you live plants besides aquatics. DO not buy them! I bought some ferns from petco and one of them didnt evenhave the roots. The other two just died within the week. I kept them in their pots. Apparently when I turned it over to cut a piece off the bottom. So the roots can grow(they NEED that). It turns out there were no roots. SinceI already cut a piece of the merchendise I couldnt return it. S yeah.

LittleDuudeIsAGirl

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    There are several Bromeliad growers online. My favorite is Michael's bromeliads: www.michaelsbromeliads.com: Home

I know many people, including myself, who have bromeliads from there and use them in their terrariums (after a quick rinse in water) without issues. If you do order from them, tell them John Clare from FrogForum.net sent you.

thanks john ill take a look and if i order ill make sure to let them know you sent me(:

and ill keep that in mind not to buy from pet stores..or to be very cautious

Thread Information