Thread: Finally!

froggiez

Default Finally!

I finally heard my Little Gray croak tonight! It freaked my kitties out though...lol
    Does that mean he is getting comfy in his new home?
    So that def means I have a boy gray...lol no more doubts about that.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Finally!

That's great. I think it sure is a sign that they are happy.

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Sounds like he's happy alright .
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

froggiez

I am glad that he is feeling at home finally! I would love to give him a companion but I never see grays in the pet stores and I don't really want to bring in another wild one, was feeling bad about bringing him in and if he hadn't started coming around I would have let him go. anyone sell female grays?? LOL

Jace

I have never seen a Grey for sale...then again, I've never seen one in the wild, either. I'm feeling very left out. However, if he is making noise, that's a sign in my books that he is beginning to feel at home. Congrats! Both on him settling in and on it being a boy!

froggiez

well since they are very popular around here, there are tons, would it be ok to try to find a female for my boy? I know I am torn about bringing another one in since they are use to being in the wild, I did with him because he was in my plant and I thought it safer for him to bring him in now before he buried himself and being brought in and got loose, with 3 cats that is a health hazard...if you guys tell me no then I will let him be celibate the rest of his life...unless they will cross breed with green tree frogs? I have seen green tree frogs at the pet store

Julia

Its a hard call about bringing in wild frogs to captivity. I personally think that they don't really have the mental capacity to realize "hey i'm not free anymore!" Instead I think they will enjoy the constant feedings, lack of predators, and constant warm temperatures. But this is unique to your situation because you would collect her and within minutes place her in her new home. No shipping or pet stores or middle man and extensive time period involved.

Its another thing to collect a bunch of wild frogs and then export them...(for the most part, of course there are exceptions.)

Jace

I think it's a really personal decision to do that. If there are an abundance of them and they are not considered endangered or anything, then taking a couple of frogs might not be a big deal. I would not, however, get a captive Green treefrog and put it in the tank. Most captives do not have the immunity to deal with wild parasites and it could get really sick. Don't want that!!

Thread Information