Thread: Worried- Sick Whites Tree Frog

ghibli22

Default Worried- Sick Whites Tree Frog

Hello. I've had my tree frog for about 3 months and 2 days ago he got really lethargic and looked super bloated. Before that he was active and a good eater (I feed him crickets most days with mealworms every few days.) So I looked around at forums and found that he was probably constipated and I should soak him in fresh spring water. So I did and he did his business and was acting really alert and climbing and such this morning, but I got home tonight and he looks really skinny, dull and has half buried himself. I don't know what to do and all the vets are closed. Any suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

IgbyKibbits

Default Re: Worried- Sick Whites Tree Frog

First of all, I am so sorry to hear about your sick frog : ( We just went through this ourselves, and I know how helpless it is.

First and foremost, please make sure that all his tank conditions are where they should be. You want to give him the most comfortable environment if he is stressed (humidity, temperature, water access). That is the best thing that you can do for now until you get him into the vet ASAP.

Check here: http://www.herpvetconnection.com/ or here: http://www.arav.org/ECOMARAV//timssn..._frontpage.cfm to find a vet in your area. Sometimes (I know my herp vet does), there is an emergency call number, so you can speak to a vet right away.

Our little Kibbits had a bloated stomach as well, but it turned out to be air in his GI tract. Our vet did a little scan of his belly to help determine the source (like an x-ray), and make sure it wasn't something more serious at the time. I'll keep your little guy in my thoughts!

Please keep us updated.

Thread Information