Thread: Pac-Man will only eat earthworms...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pac-Man will only eat earthworms...

I know it is a staple food but I have a Dubai roach colony and crickets. He will not touch anything but worms. Is this ok as long as they are dusted?...

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Pac-Man will only eat earthworms...

Quote Originally Posted by Zacpierre View Post
    I know it is a staple food but I have a Dubai roach colony and crickets. He will not touch anything but worms. Is this ok as long as they are dusted?...
    Hi! I have done a tremendous amount of research regarding diet & nutritional requirements for amphibians and have found that earthworms are the most nutritious item to feed frogs and toads. They contain all the vitamins and minerals that are required for frogs/toads, while being high protein and low fat... unlike mealworms, waxworms, etc... which are high in fat and cholesterol. They don't even need regular dusting but maybe once a week would give a boost, if needed. While variety is still important, other feeders do need dusting and/or gutloading to provide the nutrients that are needed. Whether you are buying your worms from a bait shop or raising them yourself, which is very easy, just make sure you are feeding them nutritional items like... veggie scraps, eggshells and other items that you would throw in a compost pile. If you have any concerns about vitamin supplementation, there is a good product by Flukers called Liquid Vitamins (available on Amazon) that is formulated for reptiles and amphibians. It is easy to dose and can be dropped directly in the mouth to ensure that your frog is getting ample nutrients. Hope this info helps!
    ~Cathy

I have learned... still learning... ALWAYS LEARNING!
    Every moment is a teachable moment!
    Mistakes are not always a terrible thing, especially when you learn from them!

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Pac-Man will only eat earthworms...

I agree with Cathy, you should be fine feeding it just worms. I still would dust them but maybe once or twice a month. I never dust my amphibians because they eat food with bones already on them. Let us know how the frog is doing every now and then.

Thread Information