Thread: Toad disease killing toads

Default Toad disease killing toads

Hello all i hav a question regarding the toad that live in my garden. Ive been noticing american and fowlers toads popping up all over my garden dead. All these toads showing the same traits, healthy and well fed and back legs kicked out like not alittle like it was compleatly stretching out when it died. There bodys looked fine and all but why are they dying. We have been calling it the toad coronavirus in spite of the current sitiation. Its quite sad because i have named many of the toads that live around the garden one of wich being my favorite named the witch because of her scar on her nose and a big one actually cutting one of her glands in 2 making it look like a ugly wart. This toad was found dead yesterday. It was quite emotional. Anyway this week ive seen them popping up, only about 4 so far but still more than usual. Is there anything i can do. I have a few young ones quarantined from the rest in a ltankso they dont get infected. Anything will help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Toad disease killing toads

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsherps View Post
    Hello all i hav a question regarding the toad that live in my garden. Ive been noticing american and fowlers toads popping up all over my garden dead. All these toads showing the same traits, healthy and well fed and back legs kicked out like not alittle like it was compleatly stretching out when it died. There bodys looked fine and all but why are they dying. We have been calling it the toad coronavirus in spite of the current sitiation. Its quite sad because i have named many of the toads that live around the garden one of wich being my favorite named the witch because of her scar on her nose and a big one actually cutting one of her glands in 2 making it look like a ugly wart. This toad was found dead yesterday. It was quite emotional. Anyway this week ive seen them popping up, only about 4 so far but still more than usual. Is there anything i can do. I have a few young ones quarantined from the rest in a ltankso they dont get infected. Anything will help
    Sounds like poisoning. Do you use insecticide or chemical fertilizers in your garden? If so, that could be the problem.

Without any more information it's hard to say. You may want to share some photographs of them here if at all possible. Even of the deceased toads.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Sounds like poisoning. Do you use insecticide or chemical fertilizers in your garden? If so, that could be the problem.

Without any more information it's hard to say. You may want to share some photographs of them here if at all possible. Even of the deceased toads.
    I second this.

Not very often. When we do get it it is eco friendly. Ive only seen 1 more since i posted this but im not looking as hard

Thread Information