Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

  1. #21
    Moderator GrifTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    9,674
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

    Quote Originally Posted by froghub View Post
    Hey there.
    Force fed him the formula today, quite easy. He was not too upset and did it little by little.
    I will keep this going for a week or so and each time try to feed him normally before.
    Good to hear.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #22

    Default Re: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

    Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Good to hear.
    I did less so i was sure i was not overfeeding. Next time will do complete dosage...
    He is suposed to poop normally on formula or will it be liquid? Will i know when he poops?
    Btw what are the best multi vitamin that you can provide this guys? As i told you i use repashy calcium plus and reptivite when i feed him every other time.
    Thanks man he already seems more active.
    Will keep you posted

  4. #23
    Moderator GrifTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    9,674
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

    Quote Originally Posted by froghub View Post
    I did less so i was sure i was not overfeeding. Next time will do complete dosage...
    He is suposed to poop normally on formula or will it be liquid? Will i know when he poops?
    Btw what are the best multi vitamin that you can provide this guys? As i told you i use repashy calcium plus and reptivite when i feed him every other time.
    Thanks man he already seems more active.
    Will keep you posted
    What you are using is fine for supplements. You will need to give less often because adults do not need supplements as often as growing frogs. Once per week is sufficient.

    The formula is loaded with vitamins as well.

    The frog's poop will look quite different, but the majority of the solid matter will be absorbed with not much waste so the frog may not poop for a while when on the formula. You will notice if the frog poops it will look different.


  5. #24

    Default Re: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

    Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    What you are using is fine for supplements. You will need to give less often because adults do not need supplements as often as growing frogs. Once per week is sufficient.

    The formula is loaded with vitamins as well.

    The frog's poop will look quite different, but the majority of the solid matter will be absorbed with not much waste so the frog may not poop for a while when on the formula. You will notice if the frog poops it will look different.

    Alright man.
    Just finished feeding him is formula. He's starting to open mouth on his own.
    He seems to be shedding more and faster since on formula. Is it normal?

  6. #25
    Moderator GrifTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    9,674
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

    Quote Originally Posted by froghub View Post
    Alright man.
    Just finished feeding him is formula. He's starting to open mouth on his own.
    He seems to be shedding more and faster since on formula. Is it normal?
    It's probably unrelated.

    Observe the condition of his skin closely. Does he eat it like they normally do or does he slough off and leave it? Constant sloughing of the skin or trouble shedding usually indicate a skin condition like a possible fungal infection, but not always.


  7. #26

    Default Re: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

    This year i did nor catch him eating it. But he did not have the strenght to open the mouth either. There are only very small strips coming out already. Nothing like it usually does. There are just some bit when he is in water coming off.

  8. #27
    Moderator GrifTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    9,674
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

    Quote Originally Posted by froghub View Post
    This year i did nor catch him eating it. But he did not have the strenght to open the mouth either. There are only very small strips coming out already. Nothing like it usually does. There are just some bit when he is in water coming off.
    Probably just a result of malnutrition. The formula should help with that.


  9. #28

    Default Re: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

    Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Probably just a result of malnutrition. The formula should help with that.
    Alright, how long should i give him the formula? Until he eats normally or should i rely on it for a while?
    I'm not planning on using it more than a week due to bacteria, but if it is that helpfull i can get another one. Also it is on the fridge, i use gloves when manipulating etc.
    Also when he eats package says that i can sprinkle normal food with it as if it was a supplement...

  10. #29
    Moderator GrifTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    9,674
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

    Quote Originally Posted by froghub View Post
    Alright, how long should i give him the formula? Until he eats normally or should i rely on it for a while?
    I'm not planning on using it more than a week due to bacteria, but if it is that helpfull i can get another one. Also it is on the fridge, i use gloves when manipulating etc.
    Also when he eats package says that i can sprinkle normal food with it as if it was a supplement...
    Offer food as normal. The idea is to stimulate his appetite and get him strong enough to eat on his own. I would use it for a couple weeks while offering normal food item as well to see if he will take them.

    You can use it as a supplement. Many of these formulas state that they can be used as such to provide extra nutrition. You can hold off from feeding him the formula for a couple days to see if he will eat on his own.

    The formula will last longer than a week. It's just important to minimize the chances of contaminating the formula. It should be fine.

    The decision is of course yours to make.


  11. #30

    Default Re: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

    Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Offer food as normal. The idea is to stimulate his appetite and get him strong enough to eat on his own. I would use it for a couple weeks while offering normal food item as well to see if he will take them.

    You can use it as a supplement. Many of these formulas state that they can be used as such to provide extra nutrition. You can hold off from feeding him the formula for a couple days to see if he will eat on his own.

    The formula will last longer than a week. It's just important to minimize the chances of contaminating the formula. It should be fine.

    The decision is of course yours to make.
    Hey, yes i'm offering normal food always prior. He's starting to want food but not yet. At least he already tries to catch it and holds on to the syringe as they should hold to the prey. I'll give him three days off on the seventh day to see if he wants some dubias. If it does i'll finish the powder using it as a supplement yes.
    Also he is fully shedding now, very fast. Seems that he hasn't done the job as i thought.
    As far as i know he's eating it. Also pooped yesterday, in the water bowl...

  12. #31

    Default Re: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

    Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Offer food as normal. The idea is to stimulate his appetite and get him strong enough to eat on his own. I would use it for a couple weeks while offering normal food item as well to see if he will take them.

    You can use it as a supplement. Many of these formulas state that they can be used as such to provide extra nutrition. You can hold off from feeding him the formula for a couple days to see if he will eat on his own.

    The formula will last longer than a week. It's just important to minimize the chances of contaminating the formula. It should be fine.

    The decision is of course yours to make.
    Little guy is already eating and catching tongues and some dubias lol. Which is great. I'll give him the day off today and tomorrow will try to normal feed him again.
    Thanks man.

  13. #32

    Default Re: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

    Also there was some formula that was sprinkled on the terrarium coconut fiber thanks to the dubias. Is this a major concern and require a sooner change of substrate or is it fine?

  14. #33
    Moderator GrifTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    9,674
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

    Quote Originally Posted by froghub View Post
    Little guy is already eating and catching tongues and some dubias lol. Which is great. I'll give him the day off today and tomorrow will try to normal feed him again.
    Thanks man.
    Quote Originally Posted by froghub View Post
    Also there was some formula that was sprinkled on the terrarium coconut fiber thanks to the dubias. Is this a major concern and require a sooner change of substrate or is it fine?
    You're welcome.

    If possible remove the small amount of formula from the substrate. You don't want it mixed in with it.


  15. #34

    Default Re: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

    Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    You're welcome.

    If possible remove the small amount of formula from the substrate. You don't want it mixed in with it.
    Hey, yes the visible part is gone i did remove it by hand. But some might have got mixed in there. Well i guess i'll change him by next weak. I'll take him out to feed next time while on formula

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ADF not eating, help?
    By nanibear in forum Aquatic Clawed Frogs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 24th, 2015, 06:14 PM
  2. Not eating
    By Kayraex in forum Pacman Frogs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: August 17th, 2014, 07:23 PM
  3. Rex Eating
    By Deac77 in forum African Bullfrogs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 2nd, 2012, 10:48 PM
  4. Still Not Eating
    By LizardMama in forum Pacman Frogs
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: September 27th, 2011, 06:51 PM
  5. Eating enough?
    By Jace in forum Frogs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 7th, 2010, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •