Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

Default Re: 3yo - Trixie not eating! Help

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Does she leave all her shed or is it only some small pieces?

They typically eat the whole shed, but sometimes miss pieces because the shed gets stuck or tears during the process.

If you would, post new pictures of the frog after she sheds.
    Hey, not this year no.
    And i've never seen her shed like this. Check the pictures.
    He's missing shedding on top where you can see the skin.
    The skin in the bowl is what she hasn't eat.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by froghub View Post
    Hey, not this year no.
    And i've never seen her shed like this. Check the pictures.
    He's missing shedding on top where you can see the skin.
    The skin in the bowl is what she hasn't eat.
    Her skin looks fine.

What is left in the water could be from her stomach. Since she is sitting on that portion of skin while shedding it may year and that is why she doesn't eat it. Next time she sheds you should watch her and see what she does. It isn't uncommon for some of the shed to be uneaten.

Her skin looks fine.

What is left in the water could be from her stomach. Since she is sitting on that portion of skin while shedding it may year and that is why she doesn't eat it. Next time she sheds you should watch her and see what she does. It isn't uncommon for some of the shed to be uneaten.
    Hello,
    Yes it is from the area of the stomach. She was taking it out with the left back paw i saw it.
    Alright then, i was unware of this info,
    Thanks

Her skin looks fine.

Hey there,
    Are madagascar hissing roaches a good alternative to pinkies? I've some of those they're quite big and she did eat one once.
    Also this girl is wanting to stop eat again. I'm kinda force feeding her.
    She's not in the mood anymore. She has finished shedding and pooped yesterday a big turd (thanks to the water and honey)
    Today only ate one dubia willingly. I've gave her two more.
    I'll only feed her 1 weak from now to see how this goes.

Nationality
    [United States]

Hey there,
    Are madagascar hissing roaches a good alternative to pinkies? I've some of those they're quite big and she did eat one once.
    Also this girl is wanting to stop eat again. I'm kinda force feeding her.
    She's not in the mood anymore. She has finished shedding and pooped yesterday a big turd (thanks to the water and honey)
    Today only ate one dubia willingly. I've gave her two more.
    I'll only feed her 1 weak from now to see how this goes.
    You can use hissers but I wouldn't offer the adults because they are large and contain a lot of chitin. Not really a substitute for mice because they're not the same. It's always good to offer variety when it comes to food.

She really only needs to eat two or three times per week.

Water and honey is not supposed to be used for regular bowel movements. Only when they are constipated. Just use warm water if you think she needs to poop.

You can use hissers but I wouldn't offer the adults because they are large and contain a lot of chitin. Not really a substitute for mice because they're not the same. It's always good to offer variety when it comes to food.

She really only needs to eat two or three times per week.

Water and honey is not supposed to be used for regular bowel movements. Only when they are constipated. Just use warm water if you think she needs to poop.
    About the chitin i didn't know that. Althought it will not harm as a threat from time to time right?
    She just seems stressed and seems to me she wants back to aestivation.
    Yes, she's eating once a weak or twice and not that much. And i need to bother her a lot to open her mouth. Which in her is not normal at all she always had a lot of apetite.
    She used to eat like 10 dubias now is a pain to feed her 3.
    I'll offer her a big pinkie next time to see. Althought she hasn't much interest in food still. She has just finished shedding also.

Nationality
    [United States]

About the chitin i didn't know that. Althought it will not harm as a threat from time to time right?
    She just seems stressed and seems to me she wants back to aestivation.
    Yes, she's eating once a weak or twice and not that much. And i need to bother her a lot to open her mouth. Which in her is not normal at all she always had a lot of apetite.
    She used to eat like 10 dubias now is a pain to feed her 3.
    I'll offer her a big pinkie next time to see. Althought she hasn't much interest in food still. She has just finished shedding also.
    You said she was eating on her own, but now you are saying that you have to force feed her again?

You can offer her the roach nymphs rather than adults. Their Chitin is not quite as hard. Also you can sneak food into her mouth when she opens it while shedding. This way you don't force her mouth open. Once they bite down on something they usually with go ahead and eat it.

You said she was eating on her own, but now you are saying that you have to force feed her again?

You can offer her the roach nymphs rather than adults. Their Chitin is not quite as hard. Also you can sneak food into her mouth when she opens it while shedding. This way you don't force her mouth open. Once they bite down on something they usually with go ahead and eat it.
    Yes she was eating on her own for a while. Now by the end of shedding she doesn't want anymore food it seems.
    When i say force feed now, she is openning her own mouth, but it takes a lot of time for her to recognize the food i guess now. I kinda have to bother her with the dubia a lot before she starts to eat. Even the big one did not make that difference. After 2/3 dubias she stops eating.
    Well i guess she's learning again how to eat. Anyway i gave her a big rest to see if it makes a difference now.

Nationality
    [United States]

Yes she was eating on her own for a while. Now by the end of shedding she doesn't want anymore food it seems.
    When i say force feed now, she is openning her own mouth, but it takes a lot of time for her to recognize the food i guess now. I kinda have to bother her with the dubia a lot before she starts to eat. Even the big one did not make that difference. After 2/3 dubias she stops eating.
    Well i guess she's learning again how to eat. Anyway i gave her a big rest to see if it makes a difference now.
    You should try something other than roaches. They tend to not like the spikey legs they have and will sometimes refuse them. Try Earthworms or see if you can get Hornworms for her.

You should try something other than roaches. They tend to not like the spikey legs they have and will sometimes refuse them. Try Earthworms or see if you can get Hornworms for her.
    Hey there.
    I usually cut dubias legs and head off before feeding. Anyway she's not interested in them no. I've just fed her 6 crickets easy. She didn't want anymore and went away. Nightcrawlers i'm able to find but only on winter. Hornworms i've never seen around. But there are wax worms, those i've seen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information