Thread: Parasites in Frog’s Poop

Default Parasites in Frog’s Poop

Hello everyone. So I recently got a new White’s Tree Frog to accompany my current one and have had him in a quarantine container for about a week now. I got him about three weeks ago but noticed he had loose stools so I let the shop know, and they said to avoid expensive vet bills I could take him back and they could watch him to see what was wrong for a week. They thought it might just be stress, and after a week they said they were comfortable giving him back to me. So now I’ve had him back for about a week. He’s eating normally and is very bright green, but the way he moves is a bit slow, if that makes sense. He pooped a few days ago and it was loose stool but I didn’t see anything in it. But last night he pooped again and upon inspection I found a ton of parasites (possibly eggs, maybe another life cycle stage). I contacted the shop I got him from and they gave me a vet’s number to call (which I am going to do as soon as they open up) but I can’t afford a fecal sample or anything expensive right now. I’m worried by the amount of parasites I found, is this even treatable? Has anyone seen anything like this before that could ID it? I know vet is pretty much the only answer but I just wanted to check to see if anyone else could help. Here is a picture of his poop with the parasites:
    Name:  04429288-67B4-4A36-9AFE-61F59C35B81D.jpeg
Views: 321
Size:  151.1 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Parasites in Frog’s Poop

Yeah that’s quite a severe infestation. Honestly there’s not too many regulars on this forum anymore, I would try a different forum or a facebook group for those knowledge enough to give a specific ID. Regardless, in the absence of a vet the only viable option is going to be to treat the frog yourself. I’m not really knowledgable in the antibiotics department but maybe if you can consult with a vet over the phone or something? Hope your little guy pulls through!

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

Thread Information