Thread: odd toad behaviour

Default odd toad behaviour

hello all,
    Lately, Ive noticed some behaviours in my toads that I feel are questionable. So one of my toads sometimes sits in a manner with her left forelimb that appears injured however she still walks jumps and seems normally otherwise. Im wondering if this is an injury as she sometimes gets startled and jumps away when I enter the room or when she hears loud noises and maybe she could have injured herself by jumping into something or if this is a potential nutritional deficiency. I am aware of MBD and do my best to ensure they don't get it. I gut load my feeders with high sources of vitamin A such as carrots and sweet potatoes frequently and supplement then with rep ashy calcium plus. Im gonna sound crazy here but Ive also noticed the toads exhibit some sort of a nodding behaviour when being in the presence of another toad and I'm not sure if this is a way the toads are being territorial or if this is a health issue. Any info is greatly appreciated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: odd toad behaviour

She may have sprained or fractured the limb - time and TLC should handle it, but if it worsens it’s always a good idea to see a vet. Are you able to post/link a YT video of the nodding?

Default Re: odd toad behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by BossFrog View Post
    She may have sprained or fractured the limb - time and TLC should handle it, but if it worsens it’s always a good idea to see a vet. Are you able to post/link a YT video of the nodding?
    So I picked her up to carefully examine the issue and the limb seems alright externally without any apparent damage, she actually was able to grip my finger with her injured hand so since its only one limb and not both and she seems fine otherwise , I am under the assumption that like you said she must have injured it herself as she is a very flighty individual.I still dont understand the nodding however, (maybe I'm just overanalysing the situation) sometimes they do like a very fast pushup motion with their bodies in the presence of one another and I'm just wondering if this is normal or a health issue as I have never seen other frogs do this before

Thread Information