Thread: HELP IS TOAD SICK? Photos included

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation HELP IS TOAD SICK? Photos included

Hi, I have a Bufo Regularis Toad that I got from a special reptile shop in paris called “La Ferme Tropicale”. Anyway, I’ve had this female for about a month and I decided to change her bedding (coconut fiber) which had white on the top of it. While I did that I put her in a plastic cleaned tub with washed hands carrying her carefully so she sits on my hand. I put some water in, and she was huge this whole time that I’ve had her super fat, then suddenly in this tub she pees a ****ton into the water and her size reduces x2 (I’ve never seen her this small!). Her real size is around 2.6inches I would guess.l then. I don’t know her age. So she’s sitting, I pick her up carefully and hold her maybe 2 times. I put her down after holding and looking, she suddenly shoots out a weird red poop out of her butt and I’m really worried about it. It was very small, maybe 0.5mm. I think it was a round small white pebble like thing, surrounded by red stuff (I assume it’s blood) with a bit of light brown in it. Did she has constipation this whole time I had her? She didn’t go out ever by herself only at night, and she was huge and bloated this whole tome then she suddenly peed and reduced a lot in size. Then this red bloody thing came out. What happened, did I hurt her, is she just constipated?photos of the poop(?) attached.Her diet: Lots if live crickets. Maybe 25 this month. About 5 mealworms this month. Bottled Evian water. 30x60cm tank. Height 25cm. Temperature in warmest place 25C° temperature in coldest 22C°. Sprinkled some Vitamin/Mineral compound on mealworms that she ate, also included in photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: HELP IS TOAD SICK? Photos included

Sounds like she’s got some sort of intestinal problem, and since prey animals don’t show symptoms unless they’re very sick I’d take her to the vet.

My parents (I’m 16) won’t let me take her to the vet: “ if she cost 100€ we would, but she isn’t a rare toad” is what they say, which I know yes isn’t good. It’s expensive. Do you know what this is a symptom of? Parasite?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hmm... I definitely know that feeling of not being able to take them. It may be a parasite so if you can get your hands on some dewormers from a pet store that might help. I would also heat up some water just a little bit, dissolve some honey in it, and let the toad sit in it for 15 minutes as that can help with constipation.

Thread Information