Thread: Frog Identification

Default Frog Identification

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and was hoping that someone could help me out. I work at a large greenhouse facility where we ship exotic/tropical plants from many different states mainly California, but also from Florida, Washington, and Oregon to other surrounding states. From time to time we have had frogs and reptiles show up that aren't native to our area and as workers we try to catch them and keep them safe from either machinery or chemicals that are used. The first one that I ever personally rescued was a frog that jumped out of a shipment that we got from California. We couldn't release it because we were unsure if we could legally release it as we couldn't identify it as a native species. Anyways long story short, anytime someone would catch these kinds of frogs in the greenhouses they gave them to me until now I have quite the collection of them. My first one is still happy and kicking over two years later. I was hoping that someone could identify what kind of frog they are. They're not a typically kept frog pet and are probably native to California. The best guess I have is some kind of Chorus frog but whenever I listen to their sound clips they don't match the sounds my frogs make. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!

I'll attach some of the best pictures I have of them and a sound clip if I can find a good one.

Name:  IMG_20200101_112704.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  3.66 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Frog Identification

Here's the best clip I could find of my frogs croaking

Default Re: Frog Identification

To kind of explain the middle picture, I feed my frogs in that same spot every time and they have learned this and will now group together and wait for me to drop them crickets. Does anyone else's frogs do this?

Thread Information