Hi all,
I have a green tree frog (hyla cinerea) that I believe is trying to hibernate/brumate. I obtained her in March through my job where I work as an environmental educator. She was purchased from a pet store in February and we brought her around to schools for our programs so she did not get a chance to hibernate at that time.

I try to maintain the temp in her tank at mid/high 70Â’s during the day and high 60Â’s low 70Â’s at night. I mist her tank a couple times a day to maintain humidity as well. Every other day I pick her up (wearing gloves) and put her in her feeding tank and offer her crickets and mealworms. She is very cooperative and doesnÂ’t hop away when I go to pick her up, and immediately upon placing her in the feeding tank, she goes for her food.

A few days ago I could not find her in her tank (she is usually hanging out under the light or on a side of the tank) so I started moving some of the moss substrate around and found her burrowed. I took her out to feed her and she ate a good sized meal immeadiately. I put her back and have not seen her out and about since.

My question: Is she trying to hibernate/should I let her?

I have done a lot of research and still have NO IDEA what to do because a lot of what IÂ’ve read is conflicting.

I feel like hibernating would be stressful, but I want to do what is best for her.

I know that during hibernation/brumation frogs sometimes become active and look for food. Given I take her out to feed, I am not sure what to do.
Should I put crickets in her enclosure so she can wake up and go after them when she wants? Or should I take her out to feed if I see she has become active and come out of her burrow?

Please help me and my froggy, thank you soooo much!