Hi!
I’m new here, and I’m also pretty new to the frog and aquarium stuff too.
So, a family member of mine is a teacher and she had frogs in her classroom. And then the school year ended, and she took 2 frogs home with her. She ended up not wanting to take care of them, so I said sure, I’ll take them. Wherever she got them from told her that they were African Dwarf frogs. So that’s what I assumed. So I’m trying to do as much research as I can and take care of them- better then they are now. Right now they’re in a tiny little tank that I was given and are eating... fish food? I think?
Anyway, I was doing the research and I started to notice... my guys looked different then African dwarf frogs. Mine have those little “ fingers” and not webbed front feet. So now I have 2 African clawed frogs.. I’m pretty sure. One frog is paler one color and bigger then the other one, who’s darker and way smaller. ( I’m kind of worried that the bigger one is taking all the food and the small one isn’t getting enough)
Whew that was long. Anyway, I’ve got a few questions, I guess? (I’m trying to do a lot of research and get this aquarium/frog thing down, and I want to try and get the frogs into a new tank as soon as possible bc what they are living in right now is t I n y )
-So, I keep reading different things and a some say that males only grow to be 2 inches, and others say that they can grow to 4 inches. Do they keep on growing through adulthood? And how old are they when they reach adulthood? Is it possible they will grow more when they get put in a better tank with better food?

- Can I keep them in a 20/30 gallon tank? I have a tank that is roughly 29 gallons when you fill the water up to the top, but is 20 gallons when you take off 6 inches of water like I heard you were supposed to do so that the frogs can breathe/not escape

- As for feeding them, can I feed them pellets/the reptimin stuff, I think it’s called? And also I’ve heard you can feed them brine shrimp, bloodworms, mealworms, and other stuff? Can I feed them freeze dried stuff if I soak it in water first? (I’m not sure which one my family would despise more- me keeping live bugs/worms to feed them or keeping frozen bugs and worms in our freezer!) is there a certain way to feed them, (hand feeding, feeding them with tweezers, etc)

-Can I use a sponge filter for them? (Also, this will probably sound insanely stupid) but what’s an air pump, exactly? Is it just a part of the filter and I was just too dumb to figure it out, or something ethay you buy separately from a filter? Oh, and on filters, do I clean them out in tank water? And do I have to replace the actual sponge/ filter stuff? How often should I clean/replace it?

-can you you put put sand at the bottom of their tank? I read that you should put gravel, can you use sand

I think this is all I can remember right now, sorry this whole thing is so long. Have a lovely day everyone