Thread: Questions on how to setup a timer outlet with a dimmer thermostat

Default Questions on how to setup a daytime/nighttime outlet with a thermostat outlet

Hello, I'm brand new to the frog community and to this website. I'm really interested in getting a Red Eyed Tree Frog and have some questions. The tank I plan on using is a Exo-terra 12 x 12 x 18.

The room my frog will be in is about 70 degrees during the day, around 64 degrees at night. I'm thinking of using a daytime heat lamp to get ideal temperatures, and a ceramic heat emitter for night time temps. I want to use a timer dual outlet to change daylight/night light automatically to make sure they get the correct amount of daylight/nighttime. I see the dual outlets I'm looking for, but I'm also looking to use an automatic outlet hooked to a thermometer to adjust to the temp of my room. Is there a way to do this? I can't wrap my head around it. If I put the two lamps into the outlet with the thermometer to adjust the tank temperature, then I can't plug the lamps into an automatic timer since it's a different outlet. Should I buy two of the temperature outlets, plug the daytime lamp into one of them and then plug that into the timer outlet? And then the ceramic heater into the other thermostat outlet and then plug that into the timer outlet?
    If anyone has any other ideas on how to heat the tank while keeping the temperature outlet and using a daytime/nighttime schedule, please let me know.
    Any tips/ideas/help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information