Thread: Pacman frog is SO noisy

Default Pacman frog is SO noisy

OK so I have a few questions in regard to my Pacman frog. He is around one year old and has not started croaking yet. He is eating just fine, I use that (pretty crappy, IMO) Zoo Med Pacman food every week w/ added calcium and vitamins (this is the only food he will eat, not even joking) and supplement with worms if he'll eat them. Temp stays at 83 during the day and 78 at night.
    HOWEVER. He is so dang noisy!! Every morning around 3 he will start squeaking, and this will go on for hours at a time. He will squeak maybe 3-5 times, wait a few minutes, and start up again. For. Hours.
    This isn't usually a problem, usually something else will wake me up and then his squeaks will keep me up because they're pretty loud. So, usually I can sleep through them.
    I am posting here because I know that it can be related to mating or whatever, but I am concerned that I might be doing something wrong and he's protesting it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Pacman frog is SO noisy

His squeaking is probably him trying to dig and rubbing his legs onto the glass of your tank. My frogs do this every night as well. I don't believe Pacman frogs make a lot of squeaking sounds any other way - the croak is a very specific calling sound which mine (and others from what I've read) does extremely rarely.

My Pixie Frog: Hulk
    My Pacman Frogs: Fred (Green), Ozzy
    (Peppermint Samurai)

Quote Originally Posted by NZ View Post
    His squeaking is probably him trying to dig and rubbing his legs onto the glass of your tank. My frogs do this every night as well. I don't believe Pacman frogs make a lot of squeaking sounds any other way - the croak is a very specific calling sound which mine (and others from what I've read) does extremely rarely.
    Actually these are squeaks coming from him! I’ve actually seen him do it while he’s sitting on top of the dirt, he moves kind of like they do when they croak, but these are high pitched squeaks. He will even do it now when I touch his back it makes me wonder if he’s trying to croak, but he does it so often I am a little bit worried.

Nationality
    [Canada]

I'm no expert. And I've only had my pacman for a few months. But mine only squeaks when he's stressed. For example taking him out to clean his tank. My only thought would be is the substrate deep enough for him to bury himself?

Thread Information