I have a couple of questions after doing extensive research and seeing conflicting information! My frog is still fairly young and I’ve only had him for a couple days, so I want to make sure I’m getting the right supplies.

a.) Should I partition my 10gal tank? He’s used the full space but tends to stick to the one corner with the heat pad. I don’t want a huge space to stress him out.

b.) Is ambient window light bad? There’s no direct sunlight coming into the room, and I figured it would be more reliable than manual lighting. I’m planning to add backdrops to two or three sides, so that’ll probably dim the light somewhat. He’s not albinistic, so if I need to add a lamp I can.

c.) If my tank is staying at the right temperature, is a UTH okay? I’ve heard mixed reviews about them.

d.) I laid a towel over the mesh to keep in moisture and heat. Is this okay, or do I need more heating and misting and open mesh for ventilation? Would it be fine to just pull the towel back to halfway-covering the top?

d.) I’m starting with crickets because I can breed them myself. I got a gel (Fluker’s Cricket Feeder, Calcium Fortified) and want to know if that will appropriately gut-load the crickets. What other foods are good? I’m thinking about worms, but don’t want anything too big since he’s still little.
(Any advice on keeping and breeding crickets would be very much appreciated!!)

Thanks so much in advance, and here’s the form for any more information y’all might need-

1. Size of enclosure- 10 Gal

2. # of inhabitants - 1 pacman frog
3. Humidity- between 60-80%
4. Temperature- around 80° F
5. Water - spring water for soaking and misting
6. Materials used for substrate - coconut fiber substrate
7. Enclosure set up i.e. plants (live or artificial), wood, bark and other materials. - wood hide, soaking dish, fake plant, and mesh top w/ towel to keep in moisture.

8. Main food source -
crickets
9. Vitamins and calcium? (how often) - none yet, but I’m planning on getting calcium powder
10. Lighting- ambient light from the window
11. What is being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure- UTH pad on the side of the tank
12. When is the last time he/she ate- hasn’t eaten yet
13. Have you found poop lately- no
14. A pic would be helpful including frog and enclosure (any including cell phone pic is fine)
15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes; to include it's ventral/belly area. - no major changes
16. How old is the frog- a few months? he’s still quarter-sized
17. How long have you owned him/her- three days
18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred- captive
19. Frog food- how often and if it is diverse, what other feeders are used as treats- I’ve tried feeding daily so far but he seems stressed and hasn’t eaten. he did lunge at a live cricket though so hopefully he’s settling in.
20. How often the frog is handled- only for monthly tank cleanings
21. Is the enclosure kept in a high or low traffic area- low traffic
22. Describe enclosure maintenance (water changes, cleaning, etc)- changing water once every few days, planning to change substrate once a month

Here he is! I’m still debating on a name for him.
Name:  8EB09C16-BE8F-440E-8D0A-FFC25B2065B0.jpeg
Views: 1039
Size:  2.00 MBName:  CD987EC4-90C7-4988-B5A7-7F6723AFBC85.jpeg
Views: 985
Size:  2.48 MBName:  2D202AFE-C8BB-4485-9C51-7FA91A282088.jpeg
Views: 745
Size:  1.82 MB