I just got a new cane toad two days ago. I was hoping for a CB one but she's actually WC from Florida where they're invasive. She had a tick on her when she arrived (promptly removed) and no other external parasites visible. Eyes and nose are clear. She's alert, inquisitive, and active, but has had no interest in food at least while I'm around (dish, tongs, or just loose in the enclosure). Haven't seen a poop yet but she's peeing just fine.

She seems to have no interest in being on the land side of her enclosure, and has spent basically all of the past 2 days soaking. All she seems to want to do is wedge herself up next to the filter. I'm wondering if this is normal, and if I should be worried. I've never kept this species before.

1. Size of enclosure - 40B

2. # of inhabitants - Single
3. Humidity - No way to measure this as of yet but the substrate stays moist with regular misting
4. Temperature - High 70s(day)/ Low 70s(night)
5. Water - Tap water treated with Tetra Aquasafe Plus (Water in my area is treated with Chloramines; letting it sit out won't work)
6. Materials used for substrate - 70% organic potting soil, 30% coco fiber (land) / pool filter sand (water)
7. Enclosure set up - Bioactive (springtails/isopods). Two live plants, a big modified basket for a hide. Had a half log in it for a 2nd hide but it got moldy so I took it out. 75% land, 25% water. Small food bowl sunk into the substrate
8. Main food source - Gutloaded Dubias, pet store crickets, nightcrawlers, occasional treats
9. Vitamins and calcium? (how often) - Both every other feeding (3x/wk)
10. Lighting - Cheap LED strip lights ordered off Amazon
11. What is being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure - Entire room is heated
12. When is the last time he/she ate - No idea; she's WC and has only been here for 2 days
13. Have you found poop lately - No
14. Pic - See below
15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes; to include it's ventral/belly area. - No physical changes, no visible parasites (had a tick when she came in), no mites; clear eyes, nose, vent. Alert and active.
16. How old is the frog - No idea. She's 4in StV. No idea of sex either; just calling her a 'she' for convenience
17. How long have you owned him/her - 48 Hours
18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred - WC in Florida where they're invasive
19. Frog food- how often and if it is diverse, what other feeders are used as treats -
Gutloaded Dubias, pet store crickets, nightcrawlers. Plan to use hornworms as treats
20. How often the frog is handled - Daily so far for health checks
21. Is the enclosure kept in a high or low traffic area - Reasonably high. She's next to the only path to the one bathroom in the entire house.
22. Describe enclosure maintenance (water changes, cleaning, etc) - Water change every other day. Spot cleaning as needed. Substrate replacement as needed

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  14.1 KBName:  image0.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  13.2 KBName:  image2.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  14.7 KB