I purchased my boyfriend a baby pacman today at a reptile expo. I'm just a little concerned over some behaviours I'm seeing, and wanted to know what could be causing it.

I set the little frog up in an 8x8x8 exo terra, with 1.5-2 inches of coco fiber. The tank temp is at 82 degrees (determined by temp gun). Humidity is around 75 percent. I put a small coco-hut in, as well as a wide, shallow dish of dechlorinated water. Also, I've draped a small towel over the sides to allow the little thing to de-stress.

Anyway, the behaviour that was concerning to me, was that the frog seemed to be twitching it's front and back toes, and was doing small "push-ups" with it's front legs (lifting itself up, then resting). When I saw this, I gently moved it to the tiny dish of water and it relaxed and sprawled out.

The frog has been in the dish for about an hour now, back legs still sprawled to the sides. The hind legs and hind toes are still twitching slightly as well.

The seller mentioned that his frogs had just absorbed their tails a day or two ago, so it's still very young. Maybe I'm just overthinking it and it's nothing, but I just wanted to make sure.

Other than this, the frog seems physically healthy, with clear eyes and skin. Below is a current picture.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk