Hello all,

I am new to the hobby and am trying to make some decisions now. I am hoping someone can help me get going and making some decisions.

Right now I am trying to decide what type of frog to begin with (breed) and then what I need to get going. I am not in a hurry and am very patient. It want to get started soon. I have a lot of experience with saltwater fish so patience and doing things right is not a problem for me.

So I am looking for advice on a few things.

1. I am leaning toward beginning with a type of dart frog but am not sure what type to go with. I want one that is brightly colored and not one that hides too much. I am also looking for one that is a popular type and that I can breed in the future (not right away while I figure it out).

2. Another option of frog to look into would be a red eyed tree frog but I am leaning toward the dart frog. Please advise?

3. What size of a terrarium/Vivarium would I need to accomplish those goals? I have found a 18”x18”x18”, a 12”x12”x18” and a 18”x18”x24” as well as longer ones rather than tall ones. Help me decide based on the species I am looking at, please.

4. Is there a good guide that you can recommend for dummies? I am looking for information of setting things up, what I need for breeding, how to select exactly what I would like, etc.

Thank you for your help in advance.