Thread: Shy Pacman

John911

Default Shy Pacman

I've had this guy a few weeks, and still havent witnessed him eat. But once I am out of the room, crickets disappear. Ive been keeping him in a round container that is obviously clear all around. I've seen people mention painting the sides of an enclosure to make frogs feel more secure. Could this have anything to do with it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

noob

Default Re: Shy Pacman

nope that has nothing to do with it really i have nothing on my tank but i will be soon to make it look more like home for him. if you put food in the tank and theres no way the crickets can get out then he eating them. my pacman was shy for a long time only eating when i wasnt looking or away and then he went to only at night now he will eat when ever i put food in his tank.

John911

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    nope that has nothing to do with it really i have nothing on my tank but i will be soon to make it look more like home for him. if you put food in the tank and theres no way the crickets can get out then he eating them. my pacman was shy for a long time only eating when i wasnt looking or away and then he went to only at night now he will eat when ever i put food in his tank.
    Thanks. I mean hes eating, so thats good. I'd just like to give him some variety. I have nightcrawlers, superworms and they burrow really quickly.

noob

well mine only like crickets and thats all pinkies here and there and a mouse once every 2 months he just doesnt want to eat anything else. but i want to start feeding him worms so im going to make him go with out food for a week or so. doing that will make him eat anything that will come along

pacsack

In my opinion, putting siding on your tank is a great idea especially for a shy frog. When I first got my little fantasy which is cranwelli x cornuta I was having trouble getting him comfortable. So I did some research and found that as common and deceivingly simple of a frog as they may seem they do prefer a good bit of foliage, drift wood/rock/anything you may put in the tank to add some depth to it. I also put up some siding on 3 sides of the tank(left, right, and back of course). My fantasy settled down the very day I put these additions in his tank and actually prefers to stay in the open. In addition, feeding is best at night as they are a strictly nocturnal species, meaning they sleep during the day, though, they will accept food during they day on occasion but you should be wary not to disrupt your frogs sleep cycle too much. So in all your frog will feel more comfortable if you put some siding on your tank as well as some foliage and other items in the tank to not make it feel so open and you will get a better feeding response at night. Best of luck with your little guy!

Thread Information