Thread: New PacMan Owner! Needs advice or pointers.

Default New PacMan Owner! Needs advice or pointers.

Hey there, About to be a new pacman owner tomorrow. I am getting 2 Pacmans (caged separately of corse) Both enclosures are set up EXACTLY the same. I want to know if my set up is adequate. And advice or pointers you can give me would be excellent!!

For starters I set it up a day early so I could make sure humidity and temps stayed steady.

1. Size of enclosure: Its a plastic tub equivalent to about 5 gallons.
    2. # of Inhabitants: They are both going to be by themselves. And im loking to get them about 2 inches long.
    3. Humidity: 70% - 80% that might be a little on the high side. I have an analog humidity gauge. I know they are not that accurate and im currently saving for 2 digital ones.
    4. Temperature: I have a probe temperature gauge. During the day it sits between 79.5 - 82.5 Degrees F. And at night I just unplug the light source (I live in Florida and its already hot here) and temps sits about 75-78 degrees F.
    5. Water - type - for both misting and soaking dish: I buy gallon jugs of water and treat them with Repti-safe
    6. Materials used for substrate:*Eco-Earth, and I mix it with the Repti-safe treated water.
    7.Enclosure set up i.e. plants (live or artificial), wood, bark and other materials: I have a fake plant, and a shallow water dish.
    8. Main food source: Im going to be feeding them Nightcrawler worms, Feeder fish, and occasional wax worms.
    9.Vitamins and calcium: Question here, are vitamins necessary, and if so what kind. And I will be using calcium powder.
    10. Lighting: A heating lamp on one side. 75w Exo-Terra infrared red light.
    11. What is being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure: The heating lamp.
    12. When is the last time he/she ate:*N/A
    13. Have you found poop lately: N/A
    14. A pic would be helpful including frog and enclosure (any including cell phone pic is fine) Photos will be below.
    15. How old is the frog: N/A
    16. How long have you owned him/her:*N/A
    17. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred: Captive
    18. Frog food- how often and if it is diverse, what other feeders are used as treats: I plan on feeding every other day. I also plan on a pretty diverse food source. As for treats I heard Horn Worms are a great treat, 1 maybe 2 a month.
    19. How often the frog is handled: I don't plan on handling often considering they dont like it. I only want to handle them during tank cleaning or if necessary otherwise.
    20. Is the enclosure kept in a high or low traffic area: It is in my bedroom so Low traffic.
    21. Describe enclosure maintenance (water changes, cleaning, etc): Water will be changed ever morning. Spot clean daily. Also misting daily or if humidity is low. Complete substrate change and cleaning of everything once a month.

Also how accurate are temperature probe gauges over an infrared handheld temperature gauge. I have both and they are always like 2-4 degrees off from each other.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: New PacMan Owner! Needs advice or pointers.

UPDATE: My local reptile store has sold out of them and won't be getting more for like a month, so I decided to order 2 from Josh's Frogs. I heard they are really good. (anyone ever order from them) My concern is that they sell Pacmans at about the size of a quarter or slightly larger. So is the set up I have (The 5 gallon tubs) ok for that small of frogs.

Thread Information