Thread: Bloody finger from frog feeding

jjmorton13

Default Bloody finger from frog feeding

This would be the result of my over-excited Bullfrog during a feeding. I was in the process of feeding him roaches from a hemostat. This is actually the second time he got me. The first was just a grazing wound. This time he got my whole thumb in his mouth and latched down. He was about 2 feet out of the water when he decided to let go. I have three distinct tooth (or odontoid) marks on one side of my thumb (the bleeding side.) He is much calmer during feeding on the dry side of his tank. Won't be feeding him in the water again.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

pixiefrogman

Default Re: Bloody finger from frog feeding

Wow, looks like it hurts!

Yeouch. . . This is why I personally couldnt handle a pacman or a african bullfrog. Chances are Id react at the moment and fling whatever is biting me(not really proud about it). Yeah you may want to clean up that wound up.... Wash it off with soap and hand sanitizer then pour some hydrogen peroxide on it. Then cover it with a bandaid. IT should heal up within 3-5days depending how deep the cut is. If its deep it may even take a week and a half.

SethD

haa, you have to watch it with those guys alright. As far as they are concerned your on the menu. What is even worse is having one latch on and decide that he can swallow you instead of letting go. Pretty much all frogs have eyes bigger than their stomachs. This youtube video is a prime example of that. Yes the guy wasn't really smart to put the mouse in there but it is still pretty funny.

YouTube - Toad V.S. Mouse

EpicFrogMan

Zoo Med Tongs FTW

jjmorton13

Quote Originally Posted by pixiefrogman View Post
    Wow, looks like it hurts!
    It probably looks worse than it was. Caught me by surprise, he is just so fast, especially for leaping over a foot out of about 5 inches of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Yeouch. . . This is why I personally couldnt handle a pacman or a african bullfrog. Chances are Id react at the moment and fling whatever is biting me(not really proud about it). Yeah you may want to clean up that wound up.... Wash it off with soap and hand sanitizer then pour some hydrogen peroxide on it. Then cover it with a bandaid. IT should heal up within 3-5days depending how deep the cut is. If its deep it may even take a week and a half.
    No worries, I scrubbed it out And it is tempting to fling the frog across the room when attached to your finger.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicFrogMan View Post
    Zoo Med Tongs FTW
    Clearly I need to get something longer and avoid feeding when he is in water. I don't have this overzealous feeding problem when he is on the dry side of his tank, nor do I get aggression when handling him.

Kevin1

This happened to my brother and mom in the same week. My mom tried to pet him.
    And my brother through a cricket in there.

onedge30

Wow, what are we raising, land sharks!

Piranha frogs. '<

Kurt

Pirahna aren't nearly as vicious.

Thread Information