Thread: Shy Froggy

froggiez

Default Shy Froggy

So I am still on my first week of having my Gray tree frog and was wondering how long before he stops being shy and gets use to his home? oh and is frog poo easy to recognize? just wondering if he is eating, I put crickets in there but they are good hiders so I don't know if they have been eaten or are hiding also just caught a moth to see if he will eat it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: Shy Froggy

Frog fecal matter looks like what you would expect it to look like, "brown logs", usually the same color as coconut bedding. There is no definitive answer as to when your frog will warm up to you. Just give it time and some patience.

froggiez

Thank you...actually I was thinking more along the lines of pellets or something...lol
    I think I have seen what you have explained though, so I think he is eating...the past two nights he has been coming out to the front of the tank when I do my workouts and he sits there watching me, so I guess he is curious about me too...lol

froggiez

well he is perked up today and hunting crickets while I watch, he seems not so shy today! yipee! these little guys are addicting, my hubby says I am frog crazy...lol. I want another one, are wtf ok to put with a Gray? anyhoo here are more pics of little gray
    can you tell I am hooked, I see bigger tanks in my future...lol

in the above pic he is actually eying a cricket, then I threw one in the tank and he went right after it immediately...was so cool..lol

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I found it takes them anywhere from 1-3 months to tame down.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

ediblelogic

I don't think that mixing your species together would be a good idea- as I'm not sure of the different diseases or toxins that each frog carries. Also, White's Tree Frogs will pretty much eat anything that wiggles, and is big enough to fit in their mouths. If your gray were to be smaller than your White's you could wake up one morning and find that your Gray had 'mysteriously' disappeared. Lovely little guy though! I'm waiting on my two new White's to acclimate and get comfortable, as well. It takes a lot of patience. No two frogs are alike. My first White's was comfortable almost immediately. He was up and around in no time. And these two- they're very shy right now and like to hide. They'll come out eventually. Congrats on the new froggy! They are addicting!

Kurt

I concur. If you want to get some White's set up another enclosure.

froggiez

there is only one in there right now, he is warming up to me already, not hiding and is currently sleeping on a log close to the top of tank, so he is as happy as well a frog on a log...LOL
    as for the whites, I will hold off on them I suppose...lol. not sure I have the room for another enclosure, plus I think hubby might spaz if I try to buy another one right now :-0

Thread Information