Thread: HELP! injured green frog

Default HELP! injured green frog

So I found a northern green frog in my yard that I think got attacked by the chickens, at the time it just seemed like a puncture wound... But since I've brought him in it looks like one of his organs is Popping out! I know that he probably doesn't have a good chance at this point , but is there anything I can do?

I've got him in a fish tank with paper towels on the bottom and a fake plant. I misted everything with diluted melafix. He seems pretty active.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: HELP! injured green frog

Quote Originally Posted by Mfeinen View Post
    So I found a northern green frog in my yard that I think got attacked by the chickens, at the time it just seemed like a puncture wound... But since I've brought him in it looks like one of his organs is Popping out! I know that he probably doesn't have a good chance at this point , but is there anything I can do?

I've got him in a fish tank with paper towels on the bottom and a fake plant. I misted everything with diluted melafix. He seems pretty active.
    I've attached some pictures of the wound, the "meaty stuff" has retracted into his body quite a bit since earlier... But now that I've looked more closely it's worse than I thought.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hi, sorry no one responded.
    I'm in a similar situition, no one has responded to me either, but I do have some experience with frog injuries.
    Frogs heal amazingly well and quickly and although the wound looks horrible I'm sure by now your frog has healed up quite nicely, or at least I hope so.
    I'd love to know how long the healing took and how it's doing. Did you release it or keep it?

Thank you so much for responding!
    My adventure with Regina, the frog mentioned above, has taught me the same thing. She did heal up near perfectly, she barely even had a scar; it took her about 2 months.
    After that I decided to keep her, I turned an old forty gal I had into a terrarium with a pond and she lived in there for awhile.
    Name:  IMG_20190523_071640.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  1.23 MB
    Name:  IMG_20190628_143304.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  1.44 MB
    Unfortunately she escaped her tank and was missing for a few days. When I found her she had broken both her legs, and maybe her back? She didn't come back from that one, I had to take her to a vet to be put down.
    Sorry I don't have a happier ending... I really appreciate your reply and I hope your froggy heals as well as mine did the first time.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Oh I'm so sorry:.(
    You tried your best and your heart was in the right place♡

They are pretty amazing jumpers and unfortunately really never tame well to be good pets.

I currently have a green frog attacked by a cat and has lost its leg. If it survives and can fend for itself I'm going to try to let it go, but I'm willing to keep it if it can't.
    I took in an injured snapping turtle baby and I've had him for yrs, so this guy should be easy! Lol
    I've also have a Gray tree frog, I've had hundreds over the yrs as pets, that my sister stepped on, we call him "Footprint".
    His guts literally were squished out and you'd never know anything happened to him. It's amazing how well frogs heal.
    Best of luck to you

Thank you

I hope your frog heals up well, I'm sure he will.
    That's amazing!
    Wow, "Footprint" That's adorable They seem so fragile but they really are hard to kill.
    Thanks again!

Thread Information