Thread: I need white tree frog help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I need white tree frog help

I recently got a white tree frog two days ago and I need help. He's pretty big so he's been having trouble finding somewhere to sit. I have a log, some fake leafs, his water bowl with some moss around it and a rock for him to sit on. But he seems to always want to chill on the soil I have in the tank. I'm pretty sure he isn't sick at all, but I just want some processional tips, I did my research so he wouldn't die. He looks pretty healthy too, he's a dark green color so my only guess is that he's a little stressed out from the ride. Could anyone help, please?Name:  0327191314.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  5.77 MB

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: I need white tree frog help

Hello and welcome to Frog Forum! You should wait and leave your frog alone for a few days, it’s probably stressed out and needs some time to chill out. When I first got mine they stayed in the corner for about a week. He doesn’t look sick at all and the color will change depending on temperature, humidity, and the color of their surroundings. As long as the temp and humidity is up to snuff, the only reason I can think of for why he sleeps there id because he likes it! You probably see him choose 1 or 2 specific spots where he’ll sleep almost every day. Now if he is there because the soil is moist and the humidity is too low then that’s another issue so check it out just to be sure

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

3. This member thanks Frogman1031 for this post:

Default Re: I need white tree frog help

I noticed when I got home last night that he was on top of his log and just chilling, his color was a more tinted green. I checked the temp and humidity and they both fell around 66 for temp and 66 for humidity. Idk if that's his ideal setting but I'll be keeping those in mind. And thank you for the help, my friend said the same thing about the whole two weeks thing.

Thread Information