Thread: More heating help

Default More heating help

Hello again everyone.... So I got a thermostat for my 60w heat emitter, set it to 80 and done right? Well, I don’t know what’s wrong with it. Right now I have my little guy in a critter keeper inside my 10 gallon. I have the probe inside the critter keeper on the wall almost touching the substrate. Well, the thermostat says it’s only 75 degrees right there even though it has been on all day! I also have a thermometer in the right corner of the actual 10 gallon and that is giving me 80 degrees, so I thought I’d double check everything with my temp gun. Everything’s right, 75 in the critter keeeper and 80 outside of it. I don’t understand how to remedy this, he needs those high temps but since the thermostat thinks it’s only 75, it’s on full blast trying to get to 80 which is ZAPPING my humidity. The soil is always moist when I check and he hasn’t used his water bowl yet (I think is a good sign, he doesn’t need moisture) I need help!!! Anything I can do or get that would help the heating situation?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: More heating help

What kind of thermostat are you using. I’ve stopped using ceramic heat emitters since they get very hot but don’t radiate the heat well.

Default Re: More heating help

Quote Originally Posted by DanDrobates View Post
    What kind of thermostat are you using. I’ve stopped using ceramic heat emitters since they get very hot but don’t radiate the heat well.
    I am using the Inkbird C206T 1500 W controller on amazon, it keeps the night temp perfect, at 75 but has issues reaching the 80 during the day even on full blast. If you don’t mind me asking what do you use?

Thread Information