Thread: White Lipped Tree Frog Okay?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy White Lipped Tree Frog Okay?

Hello,

This is my first time writing here, so I hope you guys can help me! I have one adult white lipped tree frog in a 40gal long tank with a water dish that is cleaned often and a UVB bulb lamp that doesn't emit much heat. He is also misted daily. This is how I was told to take care of him. Anyways, he sometimes makes cat like noises when pooping or shedding, and it worries me that he is in pain. He is moist and his tank isn't cold or anything, so I'm really concerned. Is this normal? I read that these noises could be made when they are distressed. I'm wondering what is wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: White Lipped Tree Frog Okay?

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitMisfit View Post
    Hello,

This is my first time writing here, so I hope you guys can help me! I have one adult white lipped tree frog in a 40gal long tank with a water dish that is cleaned often and a UVB bulb lamp that doesn't emit much heat. He is also misted daily. This is how I was told to take care of him. Anyways, he sometimes makes cat like noises when pooping or shedding, and it worries me that he is in pain. He is moist and his tank isn't cold or anything, so I'm really concerned. Is this normal? I read that these noises could be made when they are distressed. I'm wondering what is wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help!
    Remember this is a tropical tree frog. Keeping the humidity in the 60s and up is important. What temperature should stay in the upper 60s to the low 80s. The tank is big but if you can upgrade your tank I would get an Exo Terra tall terrarium. The 36 inch tall. This is the world's largest tree frog with you were on our way there and they will get very big. The size of the tank is okay but you would benefit from tall. A fogger would do well for the frog. There are some you can buy that are cheap but good.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Thread Information