Thread: Got my new Pacman Frog! How old would y’all say it is and how many nightcrawlers pieces do I feed it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Got my new Pacman Frog! How old would y’all say it is and how many nightcrawlers pieces do I feed it?

Background: I’m so happy to say I’ve gotten my new buddy after a 6 month binge of research. My sister kind of got it out of impulse. I say kinda because I was already most of the way prepared when she decided it was too cute to pass up on to her for me. I have everything it needs aside from dechlorinating the rest of it’s needed water and getting it food lol which I’m doing right now.

Age Question: I will be posting pictures to show how big it is, I just got him from a better-quality petsmart where the people care for the animals, straying away from using calcium sand for bearded dragons to prevent impaction, etc etc. and he appears to be super young although I’m unsure of the exact age.

Food Question: I’ve heard a lot of conflicting answers regarding the food schedule for a baby. Given idk his exact age or size, I’d like to know how many nightcrawlers should I give him and what a schedule would that be for nightcrawlers in particular? Thanks again and i hope to hear back soon
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Got my new Pacman Frog! How old would y’all say it is and how many nightcrawlers pieces do I feed it?

Hey! Cute new frog!
    I'm not exactly sure on the age, but I can help you with the nightcrawlers.
    He seems to be pretty young so I would recommend a small chunk of them every night. He'll probably enjoy them for the most part, but don't be alarmed if he stopes eating every night, because sometimes they might not eat any. After about 3 months, he'll probably stop wanting to eat every night, and you could probably feed him 3-4 times a week.
    More good staple foods consist of crickets and roaches, but the nightcrawlers should do just fine for now.
    I'm fairly new to owning pac mans too, so we'll get through it together haha
    Good Luck!!!

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Got my new Pacman Frog! How old would y’all say it is and how many nightcrawlers pieces do I feed it?

Nevermind about the nightcrawlers....I bought them from petco, got home, but when I opened them up, they were all dead, liquidy, and had mold ALLL over the dirt. I exchanged it for some freeze dried crickets. I’ll have to feed those to my Malibu until I get the proper food (I figured zoomed’s formula food for Pacman frogs)

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeFrogs View Post
    Hey! Cute new frog!
    I'm not exactly sure on the age, but I can help you with the nightcrawlers.
    He seems to be pretty young so I would recommend a small chunk of them every night. He'll probably enjoy them for the most part, but don't be alarmed if he stopes eating every night, because sometimes they might not eat any. After about 3 months, he'll probably stop wanting to eat every night, and you could probably feed him 3-4 times a week.
    More good staple foods consist of crickets and roaches, but the nightcrawlers should do just fine for now.
    I'm fairly new to owning pac mans too, so we'll get through it together haha
    Good Luck!!!

Thank you lol good luck to you too

5. This member thanks PacmanFrog707 for this post:

Thread Information