Thread: Help!

Default Help!

Yesterday I bought a firebellied toad and introduced it to my old one which is a bit smaller and didn’t see another toad for a year. He seemed intrested but he is acting really aggressive toward him and biting his legs and his neck. I separated them in the same container but he still seems intrested in trying to kill him. Is this normal? What do I do?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [Sweden]

Default Re: Help!

I'm not sure if it's normal, but here are a few things you can try.

Keep them appart but let them see each other.
    Put some live food in a seperate container and gently transfer them both to this container. Do they still fight or do they eat?
    If they eat and then fight, separate them when the food is gone and repeat.
    If they fight, they will never be happy together.

Handling frogs or toads is not always recommended because it can stress them out a lot, but this is an experiment. If you don't feel comfortable handling them, then don't. Try using a catch cup instead (google is your friend, people with tarantulas use catch cups when transfering their spiders).

Default Re: Help!

Thanks for telling me but it just did not work. I thought it did but when I put them together my old one bit his head and didn’t want to let go. I think it’s better to give the new frog back to the store. Thanks for the help anyway.

Thread Information