Thread: Frog won't eat

qu1cklee

Default Frog won't eat

Hi, I recently caught what I think is a pacific tree frog and I have everything set up for it but the main problem is that it won't eat. I first bought these pellets from petco but it doesn't seem to be eating them. So, I went and bought some Zoo Med Can O' Crickets, I put three into the tank and it doesn't eat that either. Also it's very eager to get out of the tank. Should I just release back into the wild? Some advice please! Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

pixiefrogman

Default Re: Frog won't eat

Quote Originally Posted by qu1cklee View Post
    Hi, I recently caught what I think is a pacific tree frog and I have everything set up for it but the main problem is that it won't eat. I first bought these pellets from petco but it doesn't seem to be eating them. So, I went and bought some Zoo Med Can O' Crickets, I put three into the tank and it doesn't eat that either. Also it's very eager to get out of the tank. Should I just release back into the wild? Some advice please! Thanks.
    Frogs won't go after food that isn't moving.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Yes..TJ is correct generally frogs go for living foods. As you can imagine, your frog will be freaking out and it will take a few days for him/her to settle in. If you can you might want to post a photo of your new frog to determine that it is a Pacific tree frog and that you have an environment that suits it's needs.

PS) Could you please post your location as it will enable us to help you.

bshmerlie

I think you should release it back into the wild. Stick with the captive bred frogs.

Thread Information