Thread: African Clawed Frog needs good new home!

Nationality
    [United States]

Default African Clawed Frog needs good new home!

Hello everyone! I have a female ACF, probably between 5 and 8 years old, and have had her for several years after her previous owner could no longer care for her. I have moved to college and won't be able to care for her there, initially I wanted to find a foster home for a couple of years but if someone who loves ACFs is willing to take her on permanently I would love for her to go to a better home and would be fine with that. I live in the greater Austin area of Texas and unfortunately cannot travel very far but I may be able to meet up if you live between Austin and north Texas.

She comes with a tank and some food and has a very playful, curious personality, she's always zooming around her tank. She has never lived with any other aquatic friends and would do best on her own or with other ACFs who aren't aggressive (I don't know how she would react to other frogs). She tries to eat absolutely everything but has some trouble finding food. I love her and want her to have a happy life, so please let me know if you have experience with ACFs and want more information or if you know someone who may be interested.

Please Note!!! This is an African CLAWED Frog!! Definitely not a dwarf

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: African Clawed Frog needs good new home!

Hi!
    Not many people seem to use this site anymore. I joined not long ago, too. lol

Anyway, I've actually been looking for an adult AFC for my albino! I'm not sure what sex it is. I tried researching, but there's not much that I found useful. Either way, my AFC had a sibling, so it's used to another frog. There was an unfortunate accident with a Corydora catfish and the sibling, so now I have just one frog. It's been singing a lot, and I'm sure it's lonely. I've been afraid to get another young AFC because I didn't want it to eat the smaller one. lol

I already have a huge 75gal tank set aside, but mine is still in its original 10gal for a variety of minor reasons. (if you decide I wouldn't be a good parent for that reason, I understand). Currently, I just have the albino and two larger-than-edible corydoras. My albino loves to react to me when I wave from beside the tank or have a bit of play time. It even hugged my hand when I was cleaning the tank a bit one time! (I made a post about it on here. lol)

So, now that I gave my resume, I live in the SW Louisiana area. You mentioned you were near Austin, TX, so that would be about 6 hours from where I live. I've done a 3 hour driver a few times, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to meet half-way.
    If you're interested, let me know! And if you have more questions, feel free to ask!

Nationality
    [United States]

Hi! Thank you so much for replying!
    I have just been contacted by a reptile and amphibian Discovery Center at an animal rehome/rehab place near me that can take my frog, so I think I'm going to go with that since it will be a good environment for her and it's a lot closer to me. But thank you SO much for offering!!!! Your aquatic family sounds like they have a wonderful caregiver, and your ACF has a great personality it seems like!

Also, I am close to certain that your albino cutie is male! Male ACFs croak while female ACFs are silent, and male ACFs have smooth rear ends while female ACFs have little poky bits.

Sorry I couldn't help you out but best of luck and thanks again!
    Last edited by Hannah94; December 28th, 2018 at 05:59 PM. Reason: clarification

Nationality
    [United States]

Oh! That's good to hear! And yeah. Way closer. lol

I had suspicions that he was a male, also due to the croaking, but hadn't found evidence on the internet about it. (Granted, I didn't do all that much research since I wasn't too concerned for the time being.) And yeah, his rear end sounds right! lol I'd love to get him a female one day.

It's totally fine. Probably for the best until I know for certain that I can upgrade to the larger tank.

Also, thank you for replying, too! Good luck with college!

Thread Information