Thread: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall)!

Default Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall)!

Hi everyone...

I am building The Rainforest Exhibit in the largest Amphibious Aquarium that Custom Aquariums has ever built!

Without the stand and canopy it is 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep. With the canopy and stand it measures 100 inches tall...8 feet 4 inches tall!

On our new YouTube Channel, we are posting vlogs about the entire build.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtn..._as=subscriber

Here is a picture of The Rainforest Exhibit after we placed it on the stand...

Name:  TRElightTEST2.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  103.7 KB

Name:  TREinplace1.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  88.2 KB

Name:  TREmaginstudio1.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  125.1 KB

A pic of me standing next to it to show you how big the tank alone is...

I have more pics...let me know if you want me to post them.

MAG
    Artist
    http://www.therainforestexhibit.com
    http://www.punkyourchucks.com

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall)!

Really cool idea! I am watching your videos now. I am not into dart frogs I am passionate about the native species of my state. I have been creating native enclosures with perennials and replicate weather with Foggers, Misters and even lighting and thunderstorms. I am also working on a breeding project to replenish the species I focus on.

Would love to possibly collaborate with you some how even though we focus on different areas. If not I understand just wanted to show some interest.

I have a newer and growing YouTube Channel I hope you check it out!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...0EFUdUrjjhEoK1

Good luck I'll be watching your progress.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall)!

Hi!

Thanks for replying!

I actually came up with this project because I really wanted to get back into the hobby I love. So, of course I would be interested in collaborating!
    I will have to focus on what I am doing right now, because this will be taking every second of extra time I have (between customizing sneakers and several other secret projects), but, in mid-2019, I would love to revisit this.
    Even with this project, I would still love to see your projects and keep up with them, so I will def go to your channel and check them out. Maybe I can help here and there, just let me know...and if I can, I will.

So I will head over there after writing this.

Thank you so much for writing me!!!!

4. This member thanks The Rainforest Exhibit for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Rainforest Exhibit View Post
    Hi!

Thanks for replying!

I actually came up with this project because I really wanted to get back into the hobby I love. So, of course I would be interested in collaborating!
    I will have to focus on what I am doing right now, because this will be taking every second of extra time I have (between customizing sneakers and several other secret projects), but, in mid-2019, I would love to revisit this.
    Even with this project, I would still love to see your projects and keep up with them, so I will def go to your channel and check them out. Maybe I can help here and there, just let me know...and if I can, I will.

So I will head over there after writing this.

Thank you so much for writing me!!!!
    I understand about you being busy no rush! I'm excited to see your progress.

That's awesome I look forward to collaborating on stuff in the future.

I am more focused on documentary style video of my animals. I would be happy to have some help from you here and there that's great to get feedback and since you were involved with a zoo I'm interested in hearing your experiences!

Thanks for checking out my YouTube Channel!

I watched several of your videos!
    It would be really cool to make a vivarium for species in your area. Definitely something to consider down the road.

Right now I am working on the false bottom. The normal egg crate and weed fabric is not feasible.
    I am working on something heavier, sturdier, able to hold a lot of weight. If I used egg crate it would flatten like a pancake.

Here are some more pics of the supplies I am using for this project. I still need a ton more...little by little.

Name:  TRESUPPLYpic1.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  176.6 KB

The supplies, canopy, and stand came crated from Custom Aquariums.
    This is after the OSB was removed.
    Name:  TREcrategarage1.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  110.4 KB

7. This member thanks The Rainforest Exhibit for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Rainforest Exhibit View Post
    I watched several of your videos!
    It would be really cool to make a vivarium for species in your area. Definitely something to consider down the road.

Right now I am working on the false bottom. The normal egg crate and weed fabric is not feasible.
    I am working on something heavier, sturdier, able to hold a lot of weight. If I used egg crate it would flatten like a pancake.

Here are some more pics of the supplies I am using for this project. I still need a ton more...little by little.

Name:  TRESUPPLYpic1.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  176.6 KB

The supplies, canopy, and stand came crated from Custom Aquariums.
    This is after the OSB was removed.
    Name:  TREcrategarage1.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  110.4 KB
    That would be really cool if you did one with the native species of your state! That is one thing I've tried to inspire people with is making room for at least one enclosure that is focused on the native plants, animals and such from the person's state. I think it would be really cool if you later on after you make the rainforest in your house if you made a native tank too. I would love to work with you on that as that's my field of expertise mostly. I like how you found an organization to donate money to and to partner with. I would be interested in working with one for native species!

I saw all your videos and subscribed!

Did you think about using Mourning Geckos at all?

Also I would love to know how you got a link to your Facebook page to work in your about section on your YouTube channel. I would love to have some active links but idk how to do that!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

This is absolutely breathtaking I can’t wait to see how it develops��

Quote Originally Posted by DanDrobates View Post
    This is absolutely breathtaking I can’t wait to see how it develops��
    WOW! Thank you!

It's been months in the works, so seeing this enclosure for the first time was "breathtaking" (perfect word)!

I hope you have had a chance to Subscribe and hit the Bell Icon on our YouTube Channel? We need all the help we can get.

By the way, soon I will post some sketches of my ideas for the inside...when I do, I hope to hear your opinion(s).

Either way, the fun is about to start!!!

Friends,
    MAG

Thread Information