Thread: Heat pad question...

gtr319

Default Heat pad question...

My pacman is currently housed in a 10 gal fish tank without any heat pad... should I get the one thats for 10 - 20 gal or should I just get a small one for 5 gal? Given that I don't want to use heat bulb... any ideas? Show me the picture so that I can have rough idea~ Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

gtr319

Default Re: Heat pad question...

one more thing.... Pacatron burrowed himself very deep after he ate one piece of the can o worm and one piece from can o crickets... I accidentally made him jumped out of his hole when I was re-arranging the moss in side the tank... now the question is this... SHOULD I JUST LET HIM BE UNTIL HE UN-BURROW HIMSELF FROM THE GROUND? LET HIM BE IN THE MEANS OF NO FEEDING AND NOT BOTHERING HIM EXCEPT TO CHANGE WATER?....

John911

I'm confused. He was burrowed and he jumped out and now is out in the open? Then you said should you let him be til he un-burrows himself from the ground. Well, whatever the circumstance is, I would let him be. He knows what to do.

gtr319

@ Gorf311: what I meant was... I accidently made him jumped out of his hole (I shoulda made this clear, but then I was late to take my gf to the airport, thats why I didn't check what I wrote), now he is @ the same spot for a couple of hours, and I would like to know if he will burrow himself again?

What I noticed was that after he ate, he burrow himself DEEP into the substrate, to a point where I only see the eyes... is that normal after meal? And how would I know when he is hungry and when he is not?

And regards to the heat pad question on the 10 gal. tank, should I get one for 10 - 20 gal. or should I get a 1 - 5 gal. one? Reason I asked is because I will only place the heater on one side of the tank... thanks for answering my question and sorry for the confusion.

John911

[QUOTE=gtr319;30394
    What I noticed was that after he ate, he burrow himself DEEP into the substrate, to a point where I only see the eyes... is that normal after meal? And how would I know when he is hungry and when he is not?

And regards to the heat pad question on the 10 gal. tank, should I get one for 10 - 20 gal. or should I get a 1 - 5 gal. one? Reason I asked is because I will only place the heater on one side of the tank... thanks for answering my question and sorry for the confusion.[/QUOTE]

Mine pretty much stays burried all the time. From what I have read on here, and mine does the same...they come out when they are hungry. Although sometimes at night he is still burried and i'll throw a cricket in and after ten mins or so its gone. In 2 weeks i still havent witnessed mine eat lol.

I think as far as the heating pad size, it might depend on the temp your house is kept at. But...i would guess if you kept the top sealed with the humidity up it might get pretty warm with a small pad. Put it this way, i have a zoomed 12x12x18 terrarium (i think about 11 gallons) sitting here with a false bottom, water feature, and plants. The humidty is at 96% and the temp is 82 in there. There are no heating elements. A uv light that probably throws off a little bit, but thats it.

gtr319

But after the accident from last night, he won't burrow himself anymore, and I checked the temp gauge this morning, its about 71 - 72 degree... is that too cold for the Pacman?

noob

thats fine for night it should be between 80-85 during the day. and its only natural for the frog to dig down and stay hidded after a meal

gtr319

@ noob: so if hes out, that means hes hungry?? And how much and how often should I feed him??

noob

man i know what your going through im a frog lover and i freaked out the first time my frog didnt eat for a few days. when your frog is wanting to eat it will be out just dont try for a few days to a week my pacman didnt want to eat mice but i went a week or 2 and made him really hungry and he ate it so just wait when its hungry it will eat. the only time to be really scared and worried is if you notice a weight loss and theres no droppings in the tank from your frog. you said its new it might be adjusting to its new environment

gtr319

I'm definitely having my fingers crossed, so far I don't see any dropping.... and he wont' eat... I will stop by petco and grab some worms to see whats up

noob

if you need to put your frog in warm water not to hot and not to cold what feels good to you. i will do that to mine if its been a while since hes gone to the bathroom and within 5 mins he goes just dont try to feed him everyday or else you will stress the frog and it will be longer before it will eat.

Thread Information