I know there’s many threads on new owners and all that Jazz I could just be over worrying but I just got my 1st frog. (Red eyed green tree frog) I’m in love with the beauty of this creature
but anyways. Got him/her from petco and I do work there and I know many of the reptiles /fish and amphibians are wild caught .(I work only with the fish tho so please don’t bash me for not knowing much about frogs)
anywaysss!!!
my frog so far, is very light sensitive will not move an inch unless every light in the house is off. Is there any way
I can maybe wean him into not being so sensitive?

Also so he hasn’t eaten since I got em’ I’ve tried fruit flies and medium size crickets so far. Fruit flies are gone (prolly flew out the top of the terrarium).
Im almost certain he may be stressed especially if he is in fact a wild caught frog (we have no way of telling whether or not he is or isn’t)

anyways I guess my major question is how long should I wait for him to not eat before I should remove him and feed em’ in a separate container or something. I defiantly don’t want to stress him more by handling him. when should I become concerned?

My my other major question is what else can I try to entise him to eat ? I’m sure crickets get boring after awhile. And I’ve read that you shouldn’t feed them too many hard shelled bugs. What would they eat in the wild?

I
Thanks for for your time and reading all this haha~

Terrarrium size: 12x12x18
temp: 75-80degrees F
humidity: 75%-80%
have heating pad on back of tank
1 branch,1 small pothos , 1 small fake plant and small water dish