Thread: Bloated milk frog

Default Bloated milk frog

Hello,

My boyfriend and I got a milk frog about a month ago, her name is Selma. This is our first time owning a frog, so we are both just a little confused what is going on with her.
    First of all she is in spagnum moss and cocoa fiber mix substrate, and we clean her tank once a week and change her water bowl daily. The daytime temp is between 70 and 75 degrees and nighttime temp is between 65-70 degrees. Humidity stay between 50-80 percent. She eats every other day about 4-5 medium crickets. With 2 crickets dusted with calcium powder every time she is fed. I've tried to feed her wax worms and roaches but she only will eat the crickets. Also we have a uvb light during the day and then no lights at night because it is not cold enough for a heat lamp at night. Her normal routine is she sleeps in the cave/hole thing in her fake tree during the day and at night she hunts and eats when fed and soaks in her water bowl every single night.

So here's the problem: all of the sudden maybe 3 or 4 days ago Selma appeared bloated. She is bloated on her back. It almost looks like an air bubble on the top/side of her back. She was not this fat 4 days ago. When I touch the bloated part of her it really does feel like air and one time she even like deflated the bubble and it went away. But noe today it is back. Her eating habits and routine have not changed at all and she is still excited to hunt when I feed her. And is active and climbs and acts completely normal. I'm not sure if this is normal behavior is if she is like diverting air to that part of her body but I just would like some other opinions before I go spending crazy money at an exotic vet. Please help our little Selma!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information