This is basically a large update

So there is a lot going on right now with Frog Week and good news for Pious. I'll start with Pious. He began eating normally and he got the dewormer finally. His rash is going away and he's passing the nematodes. I saw he had a lot so I'm very happy he's getting rid of them. He's actually starting to grow and he was shedding tonight. So maybe one more dose and Pious may be able to go with Ace again. I see the healthy animals are growing in very fast rates so I can't imagine how large Wellsboro is going to get when healthy. He's still larger then Ace and he may actually reach record length for a male. It's possible for him and that could possibly a threat to anything living with him. Ace is the Guardian of the West and Wellsboro is going to be the Guardian of the rest.

So Frog Week is really going strong but also I have found out a lot of info from herpetologists and it's good but I'm not entirely excited about all of it. So the good news is there is one area we are almost done with filming and covering one species. The area is booming with life and that's good. But the area is being deforested heavily and it's difficult to see. The group involved with filming agreed this is going to be a site we will watch diligently to see what happens to the frogs. That's hard to see such a big population that could be threatened or even go extinct. This will be a big feature in Frog Week.

The next thing I learned is of the ranavirus and chytrid. These are known frog killers and I was educated that they are everywhere but not necessarily together in every area. I learned specific species can live without problems having ranavirus and some die. My amphibians are able to cope and thrive with ranavirus. Not bragging at all and some specimens will pass away even if the species can tolerate the virus. So I learned the entire northeast has both in their area. From the Carolinas to New England. I didn't research beyond the mountains. So this is not the greatest news but it's good to know that the frogs have coped with the virus. I was also informed that it's when frogs or amphibians for that matter have both that is when mortality occurrs.

I also learned the truth to a question I've searched for getting into the hobby about hibernation and I don't think I want to share about the info yet. I have to call a zoo for more information about the topic but it's something that is very important for what I'm doing but I'll release this much later. Or maybe not if I'm not allowed.

So good news overall but some news that's not going to make someone jump up and down.

I'm going to be leaving my job as I have found another one that pays more so I'll make sure to still do weekend updates but they may come out earlier in the day.

Edit
My frogs and toads do not have ranavirus. The toads and tree frogs are clean. I just wanted to make that clear