Thread: RETF and White's Tree Suggestions

Nationality
    [United States]

Default RETF and White's Tree Suggestions

I have recently ordered 2 24x18x18 Exo Terra's for my white's that i currently own and my RETFs that I am getting in about a week. Both will be on bioactive as my white's are already on bioactive in their 55 gallon but I have decided to downsize as they don't even use the other half of the aquarium and focusing on building up instead. With that said I'm looking for some small trees that would work in both vivariums that would be safe for both species while providing broad green leaves and lots of climbing opportunities. If you could also include where I can order them from or pick them up. Also looking for a nice place to find branchy limbs that will work in there as well. Any advice would be appreciated as these are my first RETFs I will ever own.

Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: RETF and White's Tree Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by zabbitt View Post
    I have recently ordered 2 24x18x18 Exo Terra's for my white's that i currently own and my RETFs that I am getting in about a week. Both will be on bioactive as my white's are already on bioactive in their 55 gallon but I have decided to downsize as they don't even use the other half of the aquarium and focusing on building up instead. With that said I'm looking for some small trees that would work in both vivariums that would be safe for both species while providing broad green leaves and lots of climbing opportunities. If you could also include where I can order them from or pick them up. Also looking for a nice place to find branchy limbs that will work in there as well. Any advice would be appreciated as these are my first RETFs I will ever own.

Thank you
    The White's Tree Frog will use a large enclosure. I had 3 in a 55 gallon and they seemed cramped. My frogs were very active and I ended up getting them a 67 gallon 24x18x36 Exo Terra Terrarium. This is probably the best tank because of height for a large tree frog or for any tree frog. I would encourage you to reconsider a larger enclosure for them.

The Bonsai Tree is slow growing and would work. Also Lucky Bamboo and Palms would also work.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [United States]

These are only temporary as space is an issue at the moment and I refuse to house 2 species of frogs together in the same terrarium as some people have tried to tell me is completely okay at local reptile expos, especially since one requires slightly more humidity and the whites would probably eat the reds. I am currently living at home still until the fiancee and I find our home we are buying in the coming years so when we do that upgrades will be coming. So far they seem to love it. I am attaching pictures to see what everyone thinks. The red eyes are delayed and are so hard to find anywhere so their tank is empty. I am also looking for better limbs and more taller plants to place in the terrariums so this is definitely not the finished product but they look decent for a start. So far the whites seem to be more active and not on the ground so much. they are utilizing the plants and logs more. One guy has found a home on the new plant I put in there. He loves it. On the Red eye terrarium I put a palm like plant, which i forgot the name but I think I am going to replace it with something more sturdy. Probably the lucky bamboo as you suggested and probably add a bonsai tree in the whites for the empty space towards the middle. I always try to keep a corner void of plants and place a vertical log there where i put the heater/light as you can see in both terrariums. Name:  whites.PNG
Views: 423
Size:  2.00 MBName:  redeye.PNG
Views: 434
Size:  1.87 MBName:  white.PNG
Views: 420
Size:  2.33 MB

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zabbitt View Post
    These are only temporary as space is an issue at the moment and I refuse to house 2 species of frogs together in the same terrarium as some people have tried to tell me is completely okay at local reptile expos, especially since one requires slightly more humidity and the whites would probably eat the reds. I am currently living at home still until the fiancee and I find our home we are buying in the coming years so when we do that upgrades will be coming. So far they seem to love it. I am attaching pictures to see what everyone thinks. The red eyes are delayed and are so hard to find anywhere so their tank is empty. I am also looking for better limbs and more taller plants to place in the terrariums so this is definitely not the finished product but they look decent for a start. So far the whites seem to be more active and not on the ground so much. they are utilizing the plants and logs more. One guy has found a home on the new plant I put in there. He loves it. On the Red eye terrarium I put a palm like plant, which i forgot the name but I think I am going to replace it with something more sturdy. Probably the lucky bamboo as you suggested and probably add a bonsai tree in the whites for the empty space towards the middle. I always try to keep a corner void of plants and place a vertical log there where i put the heater/light as you can see in both terrariums. Name:  whites.PNG
Views: 423
Size:  2.00 MBName:  redeye.PNG
Views: 434
Size:  1.87 MBName:  white.PNG
Views: 420
Size:  2.33 MB
    You have some nice tanks! I agree whites and RETF wouldn't be good together.

Some species can cohabitate together but not these species.

Don't sleep on the palms I have some and it makes the top part of the enclosure more bushy and my frogs like them. Peace Lillys are another good plant.

Glad to hear you will be looking to expand for the frogs!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Thread Information