Thread: Frog very very sick!!!

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Frog very very sick!!!

Nov 8, 11:15 AM
    Hi!! We could use all the help we can get! We have a White’s tree frog! He hasn’t eaten in 3 weeks! We got him 3 weeks ago for my sons birthday. The pet store gave us all the things they said we needed to take care of him and then sent him home with us. He hasn’t eaten anything since we got him. We have tried several ways to get him to eat the crickets but he won’t. They told us they mainly eat crickets but can eat a few other insects as well so we tried to give him one of our Bearded dragons super worms once but he wouldn’t eat that either. They sent us home with Flukers calcium and phosphorus 2:1 but then I read they shouldn’t be eating that so we started dusting the crickets with reptivite instead.. He also has not pooped at all until last night. He just stays huddled up in the corner of the tank and then at night he will go and soak but that’s the only time he moves. He was a pretty light green color when we first got him but now he is a deep greenish- brown color and is skinnier than when we first got him. The pet store told us to just mist his cage in the morning and at night for humility and gave us some lights for day at night. The daytime light is a 50 watt heat light, I think and the nighttime light is a low watt one as well and has a purple color when it’s turned on. I can’t remember exactly what they are and I don’t have the packaging anymore. His tank is a little 10 gallon tank and it did not hold the heat very well so we taped some black paper to the back and the sides to help retain some heat and it helped. It is usually around 90 but drops down to 80 in the night. The humidity wouldn’t stay very high for very long after we sprayed the tank so I read that you can put a wet washcloth on top of the tank to help retain the moisture so we have been doing that. The humidity is usually around 40 but will fluctuate between 30-60. I have read so many different things on what it should be that I’m very confused. The substrate they gave us is like a bark or a coconut husk type stuff. It isn’t super fine but not super chuncky either. I did read that they can eat it and I thought maybe he had because he hadn’t pooped until last night but I don’t know. I did include a picture of that. Sorry! We were going to get a leapord frog for my son for his birthday but they didn’t have any around and one of the pet stores told me they had a White’s tree frog and that they are easier to take care of so we decided to do that. I unfortunately didn’t research them before we went to get him and I think they gave us all the wrong stuff for him. We paid over $250 and now I think I’m going to have spend that again to get all the right stuff for him. It’s frustrating. I wish I would have researched it before we got him but even if I would have there is so much information out there that differs on what to do. I’m really hoping you can help me out! Oh, and I have called around to every vet close to me and not one is exotic animal vet ( we live in a smaller town) Anyway, I don’t want him to die and I’m afraid he’s going to! My son is very concerned for him as well I have attached some pictures! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Frog very very sick!!!

Here’s a couple more pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Groot View Post
    Here’s a couple more pics.
    I dont want to be the one to say do it but... if he hasnt ate in 3 weeks I think it's time to make him eat. I had to make my red eye tf eat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [United States]

Thanks for replying. I would be so scared to try to force him. How would I go about doing that without hurting him? Do you know anything about the setup? I just got off the phone with the pet store I bought him from and the said that my tempature is to high (it’s around 90) and my humidity is to low (it’s around 40) which is silly because that what’s they told me to put it at when I bought him. She also said they keep the humidity in the tank at the store around mid 70’s. I really need help and everyone seems to have conflicting information. Please help me!

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Groot View Post
    Thanks for replying. I would be so scared to try to force him. How would I go about doing that without hurting him? Do you know anything about the setup? I just got off the phone with the pet store I bought him from and the said that my tempature is to high (it’s around 90) and my humidity is to low (it’s around 40) which is silly because that what’s they told me to put it at when I bought him. She also said they keep the humidity in the tank at the store around mid 70’s. I really need help and everyone seems to have conflicting information. Please help me!
    So I'm not an expert just a fella with 9 frogs and im figuring out new things day by day. But my whites container reaches 75 during the day and about 65 at night . Humidity stays about at 70. Your Frog seems pretty plump to not have eaten in 3 weeks. You sure hes not sneaking a meal when the lights are off? Here's a video I found https://youtu.be/949-uMMSnbM

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thread Information