Thread: Need Help with New Pacman

Question Need Help with New Pacman

I just got a baby pacman from a breeder at an expo I went to about a month ago. I was told to feed him twice a week (keep feeding til he's full), have enclosure with moist coco fiber, and have very shallow water dish, and nothing else. He did great eating the first two weeks. I feed him both calcium dusted crickets and mealworms, depending on what I have available at the time. I noticed 2 hardened objects in his enclosure, one the first week of having him and i found another yesterday (I'm assuming is a ball of food he threw up). I looked on here for answers, thinking he might have digestion problems, so I have him a quick honey bath. I think he pooped he pooped some in the dish, but he did pee on me twice. He stopped eating as much and just seems stressed. I feel like both his enclosure and diet isn't the best, and I would love some advice on how to make him as happy and comfortable as possible. This was an impulse buy and I don't want my baby to die from my negligence

1. Circular enclosure, about 12-14 inched in diameter, about 6 inches deep
    2. One pacman frog, a little over 2 inches long
    3. Humidity (unsure)
    4. Temperature (unsure, will buy thermostat ASAP)
    5. Water- dechlorinated water in small dish
    6. Moist coco fiber and few long pieces of tan moss that came with his temporary enclosure when i purchased him
    7. Enclosure set up- just dirt, water dish for him to sit him, and a burrow for him to snuggle in
    8. Main food source- calcium dusted baby crickets (no bigger than 1 inch) and mealworms
    9. Vitamins and calcium? (how often) calcium 2x per week, unsure of which vitamins to give
    10. Lighting- try to keep it dark, he sits on bookshelf; only light-source is overhead light in my room
    11. What is being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure- N/a
    12. When is the last time he/she ate- about 3 days ago, ate one cricket and one mealworm
    13. Have you found poop lately- no poop, just some hardened vomit (felt and looked like dried gum)
    14. A pic would be helpful including frog and enclosure- Can't provide pic at the moment
    15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes-he's a little chubby, he got very stressed yesterday during the honey bath
    16. How old is the frog- maybe a few months old?
    17. How long have you owned him/her- about 1 month
    18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred- captive bred
    19. Frog food- how often: 2x's a week until he's done eating
    20. How often the frog is handled- try not to handle him unless necessary (maybe 3 times since I've owned him)
    21. Is the enclosure kept in a high or low traffic area- low traffic, but noise might be issue for him (parents watch TV kinda loud when I'm not at home)
    22. Describe enclosure maintenance (water changes, cleaning, etc)- empty water 2x's per week right before feeding, have switched to dechlorinated water

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information