Thread: I just got my first Pacman frog. But he’s looking at the glass and not burrowing should I be worried?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I just got my first Pacman frog. But he’s looking at the glass and not burrowing should I be worried?

So I just got an albino Pacman frog from petco right before I went to petco I soaked an eco earth brick to expand it for the substrate and put it in the enclosure. I put about 2 inches of substrate in though it was a bit shorter on one side.

I mixed the eco earth in a bucket I just bought at Home Depot that I forgot to wash. I made sure to add reptisafe to the gallon of water I put in before mixing it with the eco earth brick. I got some fake leaves and a water bowl lay second and just quickly washed them with chlorine free tap water.

The tank im using for an enclosure is a aqua culture size 10 from Walmart.

Also im using a Che nano 40 watt for heat? Is this ok or is one of these things making the frog sick?

Also another thing Hong I fed my frog a superworm and he only ate half of it and it was a tiny one. Also on the way back to the car after buying the frog I had to walk it to the car in a heavy rainstorm could that cause anything? I’m just so terrified I messed up and it’s gonna get sick or worse.

Default Re: I just got my first Pacman frog. But he’s looking at the glass and not burrowing should I be worried?

You'll be fine. Give him a few days to adjust, and let him relax don't mess with him too much, and after a few days he should be fine. Keep an eye on temp, and make sure to mist.

Default Re: I just got my first Pacman frog. But he’s looking at the glass and not burrowing should I be worried?

Ok thanks he burrowed today so I was wondering if he doesn’t come out by tomorrow should I dig him up to feed him again or just wait for him

They say not to dig them up because it stresses them, but if he's a juvenile I would try to feed him ever day or every other day.

Ok if he’s not out by Tuesday night I’ll sit him up and feed him. I should mention he did o to the bathroom last night. Would you say to feed him earlier than Tuesday night because of this? Or would waiting for Tuesday still be good.

If he just used the restroom I would feed him, but make sure to have him on a schedule and keep track of when he uses the restroom so you can know when he's not feeling well.

Thread Information