Thread: Pacman frog leans to the left

Default Pacman frog leans to the left

Hi, my pacman is pretty young and I have only had it for 2 months. I have recently noticed that it doesn't use its left front leg even when pouncing on a cricket causing it to miss wildly and often end up on it back. While sitting still it leans like a car that is missing its front left wheel entirely. It is now spending most of its time in its water dish though I don't know if the two are connected.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Pacman frog leans to the left

look near it foot and see if something is wrong? also it may have bone issues make sure your giving cal D3 when feeding and check for red leg. if you can give specs of tank and feeding and on the frog i can try to help more

tank: 12x12x18 vertical terrarium with under tank heater
    Substrate: coconut fiber and small amount of terrarium moss as a step to help it in and out of its water dish (sprayed 3-6x daily w\ reptisafe water conditioner treated tap water)
    Plants\decor: 3 live small frog safe plants, natural log cave hideaway, and a water dish large enough to sprawl out in
    Temp: kept 75°-85°F daytime 70°-80°F nighttime
    Humidity: ~70-85 but the gauge sucks so it's hard to be certain
    Lighting: (daytime) 1x 75w exo-terra blue daylight bulb, (night) 1x 75w exo-terra red night heat bulb
    Feeding: 1 cricket everyday (gutloaded with flukers orange cube total cricket diet),
    Calcium +D3: every other feeding so about 3-4 times a week for the past month (I noticed it was missing the crickets around 50% of the time when it lept at them but I read that they were clumsy when young but it started missing more and more often and I thought maybe the leg wasn't growing or something so I increased its calcium intake. and I finally saw that it wouldn't use the front leg to jump at all, though it's the same size as the other front leg it will use)
    Poop: last one I found was 3-4 days ago.

I don't know what red leg is but I will try to post some pics as soon as I can to make it easier to help me

Nationality
    [United States]

Try tong feeding see if you can get it to eat of that for like a week do that and try to feed normal to see if the foot heals if it doesnt look into the problem know as redleg in pac mans and if it doesnt look like redleg it may have just hurt itself jumping when young i wouild then stick to tong feeding and if the leg proceeds a problem for 2 weeks i would seek out the vet. thats my two cents because your set and feeding looks fine except that eventually you will need to feed more then 1 cricket a day try feeding as much as he/she can eat in 15 mins.

Name:  IMG_20181104_123635.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  421.7 KBName:  IMG_20181104_123712.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  541.9 KB
    The water is changed daily but gets dirty when it gets in
    Name:  IMG_20181104_123549.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  533.1 KB
    I can't tell if it's legs are red enough to be red leg (they look like the normal light pink to me) and having gone on as long as it has i would think it would be pretty obviously red, I may be wrong in that thinking, but as you can see it keeps the leg curled under it basically at all times, even when on its back. I have seen it move the leg a few days ago, when i tried to gently extended the leg it extended it before I could do it myself, then it drew the leg back to its self.

Nationality
    [United States]

does the leg look like it has a sore or a wound on it. i would do calcium everyday and tong feed for a awhile and see if it gets better if it doesnt i would go to the vet and it doesnt look like redleg to me it does look pink

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky View Post
    Try tong feeding see if you can get it to eat of that for like a week do that and try to feed normal to see if the foot heals if it doesnt look into the problem know as redleg in pac mans and if it doesnt look like redleg it may have just hurt itself jumping when young i wouild then stick to tong feeding and if the leg proceeds a problem for 2 weeks i would seek out the vet. thats my two cents because your set and feeding looks fine except that eventually you will need to feed more then 1 cricket a day try feeding as much as he/she can eat in 15 mins.
    I have been tong feeding, it hasn't missed a meal. The crickets are about 1\4-1\3 the size of the frog's body so I don't want it to eat too much at once and hurt itself. Of course When it gets bigger i will feed it more then 1 cricket a day.

does the leg look like it has a sore or a wound on it. i would do calcium everyday and tong feed for a awhile and see if it gets better if it doesnt i would go to the vet and it doesnt look like redleg to me it does look pink
    No sores or wounds. Pics are as it looks in person. It has been like this since I got it this past Sept 14th(2 months ago) but it's gotten worse and there aren't any vets in my area(or even close to my area) that take amphibians so I'm kinda s.o.l. In that department.

Nationality
    [United States]

if you cant do vets i would just up the calcium to everyday to help the bones and just stick to what your doing and hope it heels because its out of my ballpark of knowledge now.

if you cant do vets i would just up the calcium to everyday to help the bones and just stick to what your doing and hope it heels because its out of my ballpark of knowledge now.
    Ok will do. And thank you for the help. I have been pretty worried about this and you don't seem to think it's a giant life or death problem so that alone helps alot. I will follow your advice and report back any change. Again thanks��

It has a!most stopped eating. What should I do? Should I be worried?

Are your temps. and humidity right because if not they slow down. I had trouble with humidity and my two babies stopped eating and just buried themselves.

Thread Information