Thread: To Big? Whites Tree Frog Housing

Question To Big? Whites Tree Frog Housing

Hello!

To start off I know there is no "to big" however I'm curious whether or not this much space would be utilized.

So I'm going to upgrading my Whites Tree Frogs tank for sure. I'm going with Animal Plastic cages for my leopard frog (he's getting a 48" 24" 15") and my soon to get Brazilian rainbow boa (48" 24" 24") so I want to get a cage to match for my Whites Tree Frog (all the cages are stackable)

So here are the two sizes I'm thinking of. L-W-H for the dimensions.

24" 24" 24"

or a

24" 24" 36"

So the one is higher by 12 inches then the other one for reference.

I will actually be purchasing either a 48" 24" 24" or a 48" 24" 36" and I'm popping a permanent divider in there. So that's why the space is divided. However for the sake of this question I've included the space that would be equal to the Whites Tree Frogs space.

So basically how much would he utilize the extra 12" in height? It's a $120 difference for the 12" in height so I wanted to know if he would be happy enough with that much height for the extra cash.

I love my Whites Tree frog and seeing as I'm going to have him for the next 25-30 years I want him to be happy in his forever home.

Also for those wondering I'm buying the cages over the summer around when the school year starts so I'll probably be getting them sometime in December 2019 (wait time is around 11 weeks) . I am by no means at all rich so I am getting a summer job+ Christmas+Birthday to pay for all of the new cages and such. This is the plan at least

Any thoughts?

Alyssa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: To Big? Whites Tree Frog Housing

I just got a zoo med skyscaper and it seems good for the bigger cage but 24 24 36 would prob be better i noticed has they get older the more they climb at least my four juvs do actually i think you got frogs at the same time i did

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky View Post
    I just got a zoo med skyscaper and it seems good for the bigger cage but 24 24 36 would prob be better i noticed has they get older the more they climb at least my four juvs do actually i think you got frogs at the same time i did
    That was a fast reply!

I'm definitely leaning towards getting the 24" 24" 36" my guy is always at the top of his cage so I'm sure he would appreciate the extra space That's very interesting to note that they climb more as they age.

That's very neat if we did get our frogs at the same time! Hopefully yours are doing well

I did some calculations just for fun based on that they live 30 years and here's what I came up with.

So assuming that he does live 30 years I would be spending (for the price of the 36" high cage) less then $0.06 cents a day. However since I'm splinting the 4' cage in half that makes his side about $0.03 cents a day

Nationality
    [United States]

yea they live a long time and cost its nicer to get the long time cage early on a deal. yea taller is always better

Thread Information