Thread: Newbie

Nationality
    [United States]

Red face Newbie

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and a new frog owner as well....to be exact 4 tree frogs. They are presently in the tadpole stage and just starting to sprout their hind legs. I joined thus forum so I could get advice, information and to make some new friends that share the same interest. All feedback is welcome, but please go easy on me since this is my first time raising tadpoles/frogs and stupid questions may be asked.

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Newbie

Welcome! We were all beginners once, so we'll gladly help you out if you need any advice!

Nationality
    [United States]

Thank you so much for responding!! I actually have a few questions, if you don't mind helping or giving me any advice...My tadpoles were shipped in from Mississippi, not to me originally but to a friend and they decided they didn't want to mess with them so me being the softy I am, I took them in. But I really haven't a clue as what to expect so that's why I joined here. For the first week they ate decent but have always seemed a bit lazy, and now they don't seem to be eating anything at all that I have for them. I've boiled lettuce, I have algae disks too. Also, how warm should their water be? Im thinking maybe that's why they seem more sluggish when it's colder,- 50°-60°.

Quote Originally Posted by SteffPerry View Post
    Thank you so much for responding!! I actually have a few questions, if you don't mind helping or giving me any advice...My tadpoles were shipped in from Mississippi, not to me originally but to a friend and they decided they didn't want to mess with them so me being the softy I am, I took them in. But I really haven't a clue as what to expect so that's why I joined here. For the first week they ate decent but have always seemed a bit lazy, and now they don't seem to be eating anything at all that I have for them. I've boiled lettuce, I have algae disks too. Also, how warm should their water be? Im thinking maybe that's why they seem more sluggish when it's colder,- 50°-60°.
    What type of tree frogs are they? This will help us give you accurate care info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [United States]

They are tree frogs....that's all I know. Ilooked up the place she got them from and on their ebay sight it stated,- "Native Mississippi Live Tree Frog Tadpoles Mixed Species. Leopard Tree Frog. Green Tree Frog. Barking Tree Frog. Copes Gray Tree Frog and possibly a few others." 😒....So that's what I have to work with. Not even knowing really where to start.

Nationality
    [United States]

I should also add that they have all have sprouted back legs already, but thereally legs are still very small. They themselves seem small too. I dont know, maybe I'm over analyzing because we don't have tree frogs here in Colorado.

Hey Perry, Nice to meet you. I'm also new here.

Thread Information