Thread: New Pacman Frog

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default New Pacman Frog

Hello,

I recently got my first pacman frog, a fantasy frog. Is he/she cute! He is about the size of a quarter to a silver dollar. Seems to be eating well. I have been feeding crickets. I have read that the cricket should be the same size as the space between the eyes? Today I bought some night crawlers. At this size is it ok to cut a piece of the worm to feed?

My temperature has dropped to 74 the last few nights. It takes a while to increase to 77-80 during the day. I have a room that has the air conditioning vent shut and originally put him in that room, but that room is dark during the day, so I put him in my room for now. I have opened up the window shade to let more light in to that room now and was going to move him back this morning, but I was thinking he is settling in so well I don't want to move him just yet.

I live in Southern CA but the nights will be getting cold here soon. Do you recommend a UTH added to the side of the enclosure to keep temps up at night? Do I need a rheostat if I do this? Or do you recommend some other form of heat, heat lamp? I am considering getting a portable heater for the room as I have other reptiles in this room, but I haven't decided yet if this is the way I want to go with this. The enclosure is a 5 gallon terrarium. I have a 20 gallon tall aquarium ready for when he gets bigger.

Thank you for reading, any advice is appreciated.
    Last edited by Karen3; September 19th, 2018 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Just found the sticky for supplements!

Thread Information