Thread: new baby strawberry pineapple pacman frog

Default new baby strawberry pineapple pacman frog

Hello guys
    , i got a Pacman frog in the mail yesterday from backwater reptiles, she is a baby strawberry pineapple
    She seems to be doing good, She's in a 10 gallon with screen top, eco earth for substrate, a log hide, shallow water bowl, and plant. Im using reptisafe for all water sources. I have a 60w ceramic heat emitter in a dome for heat and a temp/humidity guage. I am misting the tank 2x a day and have black paper on the sides to make here feel more comfortable while she's settling in. Also put some plastic wrap on 2/3 of the tank to help with humidity.
    I got her some nightcrawlers to eat, so I got a small piece of worm and dusted it in vitamins/calcium w/d3. I offered it to her with tongs but she doesnt seem interested, is this normal?
    Also I am gonna order a pump spray bottle to make it easier and also digital temp/humid guages. I wanted to know how does my setup sound? And is it ok she's not eating yet?
    temps are 78-85 F and humidity is around 65-80%.
    Thank you!!
    Name:  IMG_20180914_181833.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  2.14 MBName:  IMG_20180915_181604.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  3.85 MB

lastly these are my name ideas which one do you think is best?
    -strawberry
    -pineapple
    -nugget
    -froggy
    -godzilla

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: new baby strawberry pineapple pacman frog

Wow, thanks guys for the great help and advice!! I see you all love to help out a new frog owner. 100 view and no replies what a great forum!
    Thanks again guys!!

Most of the people who view these threads aren't members so they can't respond to your post. This forum isn't really very active anymore but it has a lot of great information from previous posts. If you search through the Pacman frog section you'll find tons of information about new Pacman frogs adjusting and not eating for a bit. You can also use the search bar at the top right to search for specific things, and I promise that you'll find tons of good information.

Quote Originally Posted by theopb View Post
    Wow, thanks guys for the great help and advice!! I see you all love to help out a new frog owner. 100 view and no replies what a great forum!
    Thanks again guys!!
    Hey bro yeah I posted about my pac for fun. Forum obviously has one foot I'm the grave dont expect a single reply so not sure why I posted. Maybe just wanted to make an small online journal or In the rare case someone cares.

I'm just so excited for my frog though. They sure are cute

By the way jealous of your frog. Mines a green one, I wanted a red or strawberry but my 5 year old girl insisted on green :/ cant say no to her. By the way my frogs name is Jumpy Jumper I'm sure you can come up with a better one than mine lol.

Forget it I will be a one man forum lol keep this forum alive atleast tonight

Not trying to hijack but i just love this pic of Jumpy Jumper and since we both have new frogs (well this is my first day with my frog anywah) I thought I'd post nice pic!

Nationality
    [United States]

yea this forum goes from lots of people posting and chatting to dead mans zone awesome looking pac do you still need your questions answer i can try to answer them i've had my pac man for about a year and shes happy and looks like a pancake

Nationality
    [United States]

So the worm question is simple i dont see why someone didnt answer you its normal for a pac man to not eat when you get them try everyday and wiggle it around to help movement so it wants to go for it more. pac man even young can go a bit without food just keep trying and make sure its pooping. Next your set up is great you did amazing on your research and you should be fine there. Hope this helps if you go more questions ill try to pop on to answer them more. I forgot to add i like pineapple for a name because then you can get another and name them apple and you can sing that meme song PenPineApplePen

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky View Post
    yea this forum goes from lots of people posting and chatting to dead mans zone awesome looking pac do you still need your questions answer i can try to answer them i've had my pac man for about a year and shes happy and looks like a pancake
    Not sure if you were talking to me but thanks. I too waa worried about feeding but he ate like 7 hours after he arrived eagerly. Atleast 2 crickets and a meal worm. Makes me think he will be an easy one with a big apetitw

Nationality
    [United States]

mine did the same and then didnt eat for like 4 days also careful with mealworms/superworms its kinda of easy for those to back up your pac

Thread Information