Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Froglet rescued in bucket of water

charlamanda

Default Re: Froglet rescued in bucket of water

Many thanks. I actually have pedialyte for my rabbit that was sick, it's not clear though, but at this point I don't think it's going to be a problem. If these guys don't get something soon......we'll hopefully I will get the fruit flies I ordered today or at least by Tuesday and in the mean time they will be getting a bath in pedialyte. Thank you again it was a great idea and good advice.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

charlamanda

Default Re: Froglet rescued in bucket of water

Thanks again for the Pedialyte info. How is Kibbits? Did he survive his illness and did the pedialyte work well? I gave them their bath last pm before dinner. They perked up considerably after which I put them in with the 3 small crickets and 3 small wax worms and hoped for the best, but still nothing. This time, however, they watched the crickets with some interest. They moved over to them and turned as they went by, but still didn't eat them. After about 2 hours sitting, almost motionless, in the dinner container I took a syringe and placed several drops of the solution on them that remained like a giant bubble. Since they won't stay in the bath I figured it best to try to get the solution on them any way I could. I also left a container with the solution in their "house" hoping they will go in it and at the very least as it evaporates they will absorb some. When I went to get them out of the dinner container they gave me a run for my money. They ran up the side and jumped from one side to the other..a definate improvement and I am sure from the Pedialyte.
    Most of the time they sit at the bottom of the tank and barely move around or climb, although they physically look a bit better, I think this is looking grim. I hope and pray the fruit flies will get here today, the site(Josh's Frogs) said the shipping is 1 business day and I placed the order either Thursday or Friday night. I also have a jar outside with every sweet fruit and juice I could find to try to catch some in the mean time, but that's also not going very well, dumb bugs! I am just stumped that these frogs are not eating and must be absolutely starving.
    I thought with all the rain and now hot weather there would be plenty of bugs around the light above the front door, but only a few moths and a very low concentration of smaller flying bugs are around, not nearly enough for them. They need a large amount because they sit there a grab what comes near them, they have stopped actively hunting.
    If anyone has anything to add please let me know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information