Thread: My Kaloulas have a new diner

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [Sweden]

Thumbs up My Kaloulas have a new diner

I've had problems with escaping runners from several enclousers, so I've been giving my Kaloulas (I have 3) Cuban woodlice instead. They have loved picking them off from the pieces of bark they usually hide under in the breeding tub.

Then I noticed the assumed female looking really thin. The old one (maybe 7 years old) looks his regular fat self and the junior looked OK. Panic set in.

I took one of the feeder boxes and put my 3 Kaloulas in there and then started dumping small and slightly larger runners in there. The Kaloulas went "ape****" and started hunting. It was a joy to see! The female gave up after a while, the junior lasted a bit longer, and big fat Mr. Kaloula just looked for more.

I have now repeated the "diner" and the female is looking great and lasted a lot longer feeding. This is perfect! It's a good thing Kaloulas don't jump much. I wish I could feed my black eyed casque headed treefrogs the same way, but they are like monkeys and won't stay in a tub with no lid on.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information