Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello new

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Hello new

Hello, my name is Michael Novy. I'm new to the forum and glad to find another forum that has the same addiction to amphibians.

Michael Novy
    rainforestjunkys.com

bshmerlie

Default Re: Hello new

Hi Mike, I've heard nothing but great things about your frogs. Would you happen to know where I could get a black red eyed tree frog? And do you ever come out to shows on the west coast?

Revolution1221

hey great price on you albino red eyes could u get me a shipping quote to 54601 could really use a CBB sexed pair if you got any.

jtay

Welcome to the forum

pixiefrogman

Welcome to the Forum!

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Michael, finally! Welcome to the forum. It was great seeing you again today at the show.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Nationality
    [New Zealand]

Hi Michael and welcome to the forum.

RikoAustria

Welcome aboard!

Nationality
    [United States]

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Had a bit of a difficult time getting on the computer, let alone getting on this forum - for some reason it works with my laptop but not my home computer???!!!!!

Good to see you John. Let me know when you are ready for those clowns...hahahaha
    Keep in touch and thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    Hi Mike, I've heard nothing but great things about your frogs. Would you happen to know where I could get a black red eyed tree frog? And do you ever come out to shows on the west coast?
    How many would you like? I do ship. I'll fire them out to you!
    p.s. love this icon LOL
    Michael Novy
    rainforestjunkys.com

Nationality
    [New Zealand]

Yea, I like that one too but I never get the chance to use it so I have now. I like this one too . Oh and this is good.. If you put them together you have a fight going on.

Kurt

Welcome aboard. Good to finally see you here. You should come out to the Massachusetts Reptile Expo in October.

Nationality
    [United States]

ebony.. that rocks.lol...
    Kurt. would love to go to that show.. are you going to the Hamburg show in Oct.?
    Michael Novy
    rainforestjunkys.com

bshmerlie

[QUOTE=How many would you like? I do ship. I'll fire them out to you!
    [/QUOTE]
    Do you have the Black morph of the Red Eyed Tree Frog? I didn't see them as available on your website. I saw that you have the Agalychnis Moreleti (black eyed tree frog) but that is a different frog. The black morph has black skin with black eyes but still has the same pattern on the sides as the normal red eyed tree frog. Just want to make sure we are talking about the same frog. I also really like your Agalychnis Annae (yellow eyed tree frogs) but having never bred before I don't think it would be wise to start off with something so rare. If only they could be housed with my three Agalychnis Callidryas I would consider it. Sometime next summer I want to set up a rain chamber and try my hand at breeding. I wish someone was local on the west coast I could go by and see their complete setup for breeding. I've never lost a frog before and I don't want to start off until I know exactly what I'm doing.
    Cheri

Kurt

Not sure. Wouldn't mind going. There was a third guy that was supposed to go with us last time, but never woke up and missed the bus. So maybe he can convince Bill and I to go again.

Here is the web site for the Massachusetts Expo, hosted by the New England Herpetological Society, for which I am a director. http://www.massreptileexpo.com/

I am hoping for as many frog dealers as possible. So sick of table after table of corn snakes, ball python, beared dragon, crested and leopard geckos.

Kurt

Agalychnis annae are nice and so expensive. Never heard of a black callidryas.

bshmerlie

Mike or Kurt here is a picture of the Black morph Red eyed tree frog. I've never seen anyone carry them. I take it you haven't either Kurt? Question: Can you keep the Agalychnis Annae with the Agalychnis Callidryas? They look similar but they are still different species right? My tank is definately big enough for another 3 frogs but I'm not one to cross contaminate. Like I said I've never lost a frog and I'm not one to take risks.

bshmerlie

Opps my picture is too big. But if you "google images" = black red eye tree frog
    you will see a picture of one.

Nationality
    [United States]

Thumbs up Re: Hello new

No I don't have the black redeyes.. I do plan on picking some up at the show.. When you breed a black redeye to an albino and breed the hets back to each other, you produce a bubble gum pink -semi transparent red eyed treefrog.. I love genetics.
    Michael Novy
    rainforestjunkys.com

Nationality
    [United States]

You could keep redeyes and annae together, but it better be a large viv.. Alot of people frown on mixing, but I think if they are all captive bred and won't eat each other or innerbreed, why not.. For a display tank that is.. Annae get big!!
    Michael Novy
    rainforestjunkys.com

bshmerlie

Hmmmmmm.....a pink tree frog....although tempting....probably not the look I would be shooting for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information